Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
While out walking yesterday.

4 year old grandson Joshua: You are 76 aren't you grandad?
Me: No. I'm 67
Joshua: So you are the oldest
Me: No Aunty Margaret is the oldest.
Joshua: How old is Margaret?
Me: 77.
Joshua: 77???? What the heck ?

I've no idea where he gets stuff from.

I thought he was about to come out with the F word :eek:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Was in a bike shop the other day and a customer was in the middle of complaining to the mechanic. I think the customer wanted to get something done on her bike but the mechanic had a schedule to keep while servicing other bikes.
Customer: I don't understand why you can't do this, it only takes 5 minutes.
Mechanic: If you think it takes 5 minutes then I can sell you the part and you can do it yourself.
Customer: But I don't know how to.
Mechanic: Then how do you know it takes 5 minutes?

I really wanted that to continue but then the manager came along to diffuse things.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not todays but recent....
A bit of background. I'm lucky enough, much to the annoyance of my colleagues, to have a Monday to Friday, 7.00 to 3.30 shift...lovely.
My colleagues do a 4 on 4 off, 12 hour shift, rolling, so they often do weekends as well. There's often a lot of banter about how lucky I am and they don't miss an opportunity to remind me. Anyway, 2 dialogues lately...
Me to my colleagues over a coffee break....sounding serious as I started...
'Yeah, finished work yesterday...went home, walked the dog, made tea, went for a 15 mile bike ride, home, had a bath and when I'd finished'...(they were listening intently at this point....i continued....' I looked at the clock....AND YOU WERE STILL AT WORK ' :laugh::laugh:
Expletives followed from my colleagues :tongue:

Today they were working in the workshop some distance from me. A delivery driver came in at 14.00 hrs ish and we were exchanging pleasantries, he asked...
'Good day mate ?..hows it going ?'
'Not too bad actually'.....and raising my voice loud enough to ensure my colleagues would hear, I continued...
'NEARLY FINISHED FOR TODAY...but keep your voice down for Chrissakes Dave, they get dead shirty y'know ' (nodding towards my colleagues)
Colleague looked up and said...
'You could easy fall out with some people :huh:'

:tongue:

colly

Re member eR
Was in a bike shop the other day and a customer was in the middle of complaining to the mechanic. I think the customer wanted to get something done on her bike but the mechanic had a schedule to keep while servicing other bikes.
Customer: I don't understand why you can't do this, it only takes 5 minutes.
Mechanic: If you think it takes 5 minutes then I can sell you the part and you can do it yourself.
Customer: But I don't know how to.
Mechanic: Then how do you know it takes 5 minutes?

I really wanted that to continue but then the manager came along to diffuse things.
I have had similar conversations with customers one time potential customers.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
0087AA95-8353-498A-9AB2-7135AC6CFA26.jpeg
Couldn’t ride the bike today because I was Dad taxi including dropping off child number two to horse riding. Whilst I was there I got a fuss off one of the critters :laugh:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
The recent photos are nice, but you haven't told us what you and the animals have been saying to each other! :okay:
We put the world to rights :laugh:

Top Bottom