Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
My friend: So the time is 20 to 8?
Me: No dummy...It's 7:40....
My friend: :crazy:

Rezillo

TwoSheds
This was a few years ago at Lakeside Ikea but prompted by a currently nearby thread. Many of the customers appeared to be stereotypical Essex women, something that had not gone unnoticed by Mrs R, but had by me, thanks to my tactic of seeing all other Ikea shoppers as obstacles to be avoided in getting out of the place.

We were looking at some brushed steel coathooks and I nodded at one set to Mrs R.

Me (said in complete innocence); "Nice rack".

Mrs R: "I wouldn't say that too loudly round here".

Lullabelle

Banana
This morning I called 1 of our suppliers to check on something
B: hi, just this minute sat down, we went to see our 4 year old son's nativity play

Me: how did it go?

B: it was really good, my wife cried throughout the whole thing :laugh:

Me: ahh :laugh:

B: yes, he was a sheep, he did really well ^_^

Me: ah bless him :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Me to machine operator....
'Sometimes, slower is faster'

I further explained....'the infeed of product is slow so the machine work fast for a few cycles, stops, waits for product, restarts, runs fast, stops....etc etc, and the machine doesnt like it, it likes a nice continuous cycle, a smooth process, it runs better'

So I reduced the packing speed to match the infeed, lo and behold the machine instantly started to run smoothly, a seamless uninterrupted cycle, no rejected product because of the sporadic way it was working.

'Seriously, slower really is sometimes faster' :okay:

But I know I will probably go back tomorrow and they will have whacked the speed back up :banghead:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
In the cafe this morning, a woman in her twenties sat a couple of tables over but talking to her friend loud enough for everyone to hear...

D' you like these jeans? They were only £70 so I thought right I'm having them.
D'you know all that overtime I did last month? I've been taxed on it - the cheek. I can't believe they've taken money off me.
Anyway, once Christmas is out of the way I'm gonna tell my mum and dad I can't afford to pay them board for a bit. I've got that holiday to Thailand to pay for and the car insurance and petrol and stuff, and I'll need at least £1,000 holiday money so I can't be paying them £100 a month as well....

:wacko:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
75C1AE71-C266-4FEC-8D4A-C421A500F448.jpeg
1F82FCD5-86C3-4846-B668-8AA12B0956AB.jpeg
So today I got some new critters at work, meet the new boys in the block !
Luke the Donkey was checking them out

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
"Do you think he saw the guns?"

Bringing my son and a couple of his mates home from Explorers. Got stopped for a Christmas drink drive check. Blew zero, and the PC was just standing up and moving away from my window when Suspect #1 said the above. Luckily they were Nerf guns as they'd just had their Christmas party....

Top Bottom