Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
On the bus this afternoon I sat next to a retired lady who was talking to a youngish woman on the seat infront, they clearly knew each other and after a while I got the impression the young woman with pink hair may have had a mental health issue because she was happy, smiling and talking to people she didn't know. They were discussing Christmas trees:

Pink hair to me: when are you putting yours up?
Me: we don't bother
Pink hair: why not, don't you believe in it?
Me: it isn't that, I just feel it is more for kids and we don't have any
Pink hair: so what will you be doing?
Retired lady: watching tv?
Me: no, we don't watch much
Pink hair: so you will be on your computer and phone?
Me: no, we will be out walking
Pink hair: what in the weather :ohmy:
Me and retired lady: yes, you can walk in any weather
Pink hair: oh ok :unsure:

Retired lady then started telling me about her walking holidays in Crete, Austria and various other countries, made for an interesting trip.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Looks like we may be saddled with a few more of these.

Before we reign it in you mean?

colly

Re member eR
Baked apples for pudding about 30mins ago.

Mrs C...............I put in some blackcurrants. From the freezer. Hope you like them.
Me....................Oh yes sounds good.
5 mins later after getting them out of the oven.
Me....................I think the over was a bit hot some of the currents have caramalised. They are cinder like.
Mrs C..............Never mind just eat the rest. The ones inside will be ok
2 mins later.
Me.....................These aren't blackcurrants.
Mrs C...............What are they then?
Me.....................Black beans
Mrs C................Oh well they'll be ok. Taste ok to me.

Lullabelle

Banana
This afternoon my 3 female colleagues were discussing when to put the Christmas tree up in the office.

S H: shall we put it up next week?
S D: how about next Friday?
S H: too late, it will only be up for a couple of weeks
S C: how about next Monday?
Me: how about December 20th? :whistle:
SH, SD, SC: boo humbug!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Noticing I have my right wrist strapped up in a support..

Colleague : I bet your sex life is suffering

Me : That's not the one I use. I can't hold my binoculars in my left hand

Colleague : *Speechless*

In a similar vein some years back there was a reasonably serious meeting at work to agree a contentious technical strategy. One of the managers came in with his wrist in plaster. Another fairly senior guy asked "what happened to your arm?" Sensing mischief or a set up, he got in the pre-emptive defence "w&@)ing accident" Quick as a flash, the follow up question "did the tweezers slip?". I felt privilaged to be working with people that sharp it must be said

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
In a similar vein some years back there was a reasonably serious meeting at work to agree a contentious technical strategy. One of the managers came in with his wrist in plaster. Another fairly senior guy asked "what happened to your arm?" Sensing mischief or a set up, he got in the pre-emptive defence "w&@)ing accident" Quick as a flash, the follow up question "did the tweezers slip?". I felt privilaged to be working with people that sharp it must be said

:laugh: Class

A very dear friend of mine once hijacked someone's joke in the pub - about why it takes men with glasses longer to W****

After the punchline he replied - "but I don't wear glasses in the bath!"

Lullabelle

Banana
We have just been to Tesco for a couple of bits, they were playing Christmas records obviously and while we were in there it was Slade.

Me to employee: don't you get fed up with listening to this every day

Employee: to be honest after a while I just switch off :laugh:

Me: fair enough :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We have just been to Tesco for a couple of bits, they were playing Christmas records obviously and while we were in there it was Slade.

Me to employee: don't you get fed up with listening to this every day

Employee: to be honest after a while I just switch off :laugh:

Me: fair enough :laugh:
I did a factory night shift for a year and one of my co-workers insisted on playing the entire Bat Out Of Hell album 3 times a night on his huge portable stereo. Meatloaf may tell you that '2 out of 3 aint bad', but played loud in the middle of the night over 600 times I can assure you that it bloody well IS! :laugh:

Lullabelle

Banana
I did a factory night shift for a year and one of my co-workers insisted on playing the entire Bat Out Of Hell album 3 times a night on his huge portable stereo. Meatloaf may tell you that '2 out of 3 aint bad', but played loud in the middle of the night over 600 times I can assure you that it bloody well IS! :laugh:

I sympathise with you. I like Meatloaf but....

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Had these crazy critters to keep me busy
EEBD7A38-28D2-419B-949E-1562ACC2AEA2.jpeg
73805E8E-2339-47C6-A2EA-4C9F2B497A79.jpeg

Top Bottom