Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Yesterday, I had just picked up my wife from work, we were going to see the grandkids.
She asked...
'You want fish and chips tonight ?'
You having any ?' ...I replied.
'No, not for me' (she would occasionally share mine but wouldn't eat a big portion)
'Nah, I wont bother then , I'll just get something when we get in'

A few seconds passed, she said...
'I could just eat a Sunday dinner :whistle:'
'Want a carvery then ?'
Nah, it's ok thanks'

I waited a few seconds....
'Sod that, we're going for a carvery :hungry:'

Rezillo

TwoSheds
We drive past an Openreach engineer. She is wiring connections into a new roadside cabinet. Mrs R, who spent years in a male-dominated profession, is impressed.

Mrs R: "That's good to see - a woman in an engineering job".

[pause]

Mrs R: "I expect she's just dusting it"

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We drive past an Openreach engineer. She is wiring connections into a new roadside cabinet. Mrs R, who spent years in a male-dominated profession, is impressed.

Mrs R: "That's good to see - a woman in an engineering job".

[pause]

Mrs R: "I expect she's just dusting it"
I started an electronics degree in 1974. There were only 3 women on that course, out of 130 or so students. I dropped out of that course.

9 years later, I was back at university doing a similar degree course (successfully that time!) and by then there were about 30 women out of 130 students. That was an impressive increase in numbers, but obviously only to about 50% of what there would be in an ideal world.

I'd be interested to know what the numbers are now.

Last edited:

Lullabelle

Banana
On my way home I nipped into the COOP to get some chocolate for my husband, I picked a packet of mini eggs
The lady behind the counter said
Lady: if you buy a tube you will get more for the same price
Me: I didn't see any tubes
Lady: if you walk down that isle you will see them
Me:*scurries off down the isle* thank you
Lady: that's ok, you may as well get your money's worth.

Lullabelle

Banana
This morning the phone rang, it was the boss:

B: good morning L, M here, can you please ask L to leave the training for a short while so I can talk to her?
Me: you mean S?
B: oh yes, you are L aren't you :laugh: yes S please
Me: which one? :rolleyes:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
At doctor surgery this morning. “ Good idea to put up a notice telling us you are shut every Wednesday afternoon as well as Saturday and Sunday and it is appointments only the rest of the time. The emergency phone numbers you give could be good but unfortunately non of them would work as every one is wrong due to wrong dialling code or missing digits and yes I still want to keep my current appointment”.

colly

Re member eR
We went to the theatre tonight and before the show started l was chatting to the woman next to me. (No not Mrs Colly)
Talking about shows we had seen at The Grand.
She was saying when her lad was small she took him to see a show with Bill Maynard in. ( Heartbeat etc)
So they had box right next to and above the stage. At a quiet moment during the play her lad leaned over the balcony and said in quite a loud voice to Bill Maynard

"What are you doing down there"

Not missing a beat he looked up and said:

"Do you know, I wonder that myself"

Can just hear him saying that.^_^

Lullabelle

Banana
Yesterday's conversation with the production manager

PM: how was the cheese club last night?
ME: great fun as always
PM: yes T was telling me it sells out every month, crazy isn't it? It's just cheese
ME: well no actually it isn't just about cheese, it is also the social side of it, chatting with friends etc....
PM: well yes I suppose.

He still thinks it is ok to mock us for sitting around talking about cheese despite explaining to him the social side of things, cheese is the bonus. He spends his evenings sat in front of the telly.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I guess a photo will help with my dialogue :laugh:
DSCN3176.JPG

gbb

Legendary Member
A loading bay door and wall were hit by a lorry a few days ago, engineering (not me though) attended, I do know contractors are booked in to assess and quote for repairs.
Area section leader approached me (we were not near the door at that moment..and asked me
'Is there anything we can do to make that door safe ?'
'Is it not safe then ? I will talk to my manager, see what was done and where we are....let's go have a look'

I looked at it, it all seems safe enough, blocked off with pallets, nothing is going to happen short of a hurricane.

'That's ok, I will get some hazard tape and put round the pallets, just for good measure '

And he replies...
'The engineers put hazard tape on it...i took it off because i needed some of the pallets...I've put them back now'

:wacko:
So instead of going and getting some he took the easy / lazy solution and actually made the area potentially unsafe...then remarks that something needs to be done to make it safe :laugh:
(I suppose we should be happy he did at least say)
'Leave the pallets there bud and I will put some more haz tape round it...but don't take the pallets :okay:'

Strewth :huh:...and that's a section leader

Top Bottom