GlobeCycle - Round the World Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Worth a follow, thanks.

dodgy

Interested to learn he's using a belt drive and aluminium frame, not conventional choices but it makes it interesting. Is he video recording his adventure?

dodgy said:
Interested to learn he's using a belt drive

I was thinking that, hope it doesn't bite him in the bum. A couple of days delay while he waits for a new belt is going to seriously bugger his schedule.

He doesn't seem as bone achingly dull as Beaumont though.

dodgy

The drive belt folks are following him on Twitter, so they will be keen to ensure it survies the 18,000 miles I imagine. This will do the drive belt concept a lot of good if he gets around without problems.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Miggsy said:
It looks like James Bowthorpe is still on schedule and now in Iran: www.whereintheworldisjames.com

I hope he succeeds but...

isnt he at least four days behind schedule if he's aiming for 18000 miles in 169 days?

I can't find what the schedule should be and can't work out if that page is just updating from the GPS device on his bike which is just plotting straight lines between points ( I suspect it is) and his real road mileage is higher.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
A few days ago he announced he was cutting Pakistan out of the trip due to local 'troubles'.

Last night he got a flight from Tehran to Dubai, and is then flying to North West India to carry on with the trip. He plans to make up the 'lost' miles by doing a longer leg in Australia

Joe

Über Member
I'd like to see some close ups of his bike. Apparantly he's running a rolhoff hub with a belt drive:ohmy:

KyleB

There are some close up shots of his bike, if yah goto his Twitter page, and scroll down to one of his older comments.

120miles a day though? Sheeet. It's gonna be a fair massive challenge. But yeah I was wondering about his schedule as well, I don't know if he's going to make it but all the best to him. I think it was for the best that he missed out Pakistan, there's been more killings today. Hopefully the flight rejuvenated him and he's gonna pick up some extra mileage.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
re Pakistan.

I've been following a chap on crazyguy who is cycling through the country and has had nothing but outstanding hospitality. I don't blame James for missing it though!

Top Bottom