Going Di2 as an amateur cyclist - is there any tangible value in it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
In the space of about 5 hours you can ride a dozen different bikes with a variety of different shifting systems. No doubt you would very quickly grow used to Di2 and it would become as intuitive as cable but I had trouble differentiating between the upshift and the downshift paddles.
That's why I use a climbing shifter on my xt di2 set-up, so easy to use

Globalti

Legendary Member
What is a climbing shifter, pray tell?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What is a climbing shifter, pray tell?
ONECOL.jpg

1x11 set-up -right button for down, left button for up and it sits between the grip and brake lever..................

J_H1026

I'm tempted with a Di2 upgrade on my Cannondale Synapse - Merlin are doing an offer for about £675 as I'm getting sick and tired of sticky FD issues. To be fair, I do commute year around and maybe I should just buy a commuter and keep my Cannondale for nice weather. Decisions, decisions!

mustang1

Guru
I don't worry about cable stretch! Cables don't stretch but new cable outers do settle especially if the ends weren't ground flat or the ferrules weren't properly fitted. My summer best bike was built up by a competent mechanic called Anthony at Ride On in Rawtenstall and I just jumped on it, rode it and didnt need to adjust anything at all except the brakes as they wore. Amazing really.

Well, there goes that advantage then.

Top Bottom