Good 20" Online Tyre Retailers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I want to put a new set of boots on my Dahon, if you spot any bargains out there in the Jan sales give us a shout. My usual suspects Planet X, Decathlon and CRC haven't got a great choice of bargain 20" buys.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Depends how you define 'bargain'. Fudges have Schwalbe Kojaks at £14.99 delivered, and their prices on other Schwalbe tyres are pretty competitive...

Alun

Guru
SJS Cycles has lots of tyres in different sizes, in fact they have a loads of stuff you won't see anywhere else.

compo

Veteran
Aren't there two types of tyres marked as 20 inch. On my wife's bike they are 20 x 1.75, or 47-406. I bought a pair of 20 inch tyres and received 47 - 451. Both tyres are marked 20" but only the 47 - 406 actually fit.

Always, always order tyres using the ISO or ERTRO number

This is based on xx-yyy where xx is the tyre width and yyy is the size of the rim

xx is interchangeable according to personal preference, whereas yyy is fixed for a particular rim

The number will be punched in somewhere on the rim

OP
OP
Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
The Kenda Dahon Special amberwalls that came off were 40-406 20x1.5, the Kenda Kwest ones that went on are 47-406 20x1.5. The Kwest are lower profile with a reflective sidewall. 450g

Top Bottom