Goodbye Evans Cycles...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry folks... It was a badly worded email - the update has now been updated!!! [My bold]

Updated news said:
We regret to inform you that EVANS CYCLES (1302) will close with Awin on 30/07/2020. The new provider will be in contact following this to detail next steps.
'Awin' are the company currently handling online marketing for Evans.

It looks like they will just be transferring to another marketing company.

Apologies for the 'fake news'... :blush::whistle:

THIS HASN'T BEEN CONFIRMED IN THE MEDIA YET - IT IS BASED ON AN EMAIL I RECEIVED TODAY.

I just got an email suggesting that Evans Cycles will close on the 30th of July. (I used to host ads for Evans on my blog and was still getting details of promotions for them.)

I didn't actually shop with them very often but it is sad to see another cycling business fail.

Last edited:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Sad for the employees more than anything.

DSK

Whilst the likes of Halfords get some stick, I got some mechanical stuff done from my local Evans in Nottingham and Wimbledon. I also used it to buy parts/accessories. It was a decent cycle shop.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Sad to hear, especially for the staff - that's three chains gone from the high street in a few months.

I can't say I'm surprised given who now owns them - I wonder if the more premium brands they stock were happy to deal with the new management?

tom73

Guru
Sad to hear, especially for the staff - that's three chains gone from the high street in a few months.

I can't say I'm surprised given who now owns them - I wonder if the more premium brands they stock were happy to deal with the new management?
Well he got a good deal of stock on the cheep when he bought it.
Maybe he only wanted the stock and assets and anything else was a bonus one thing is he won't be out of pocket.

Mrs M

Guru
Evans in Aberdeen closed a while back.
Mostly used them to order and collect.
One day I called in on the off chance they’d look at the Pashley as the back wheel wasn’t right.
Looked at it and sorted straight away, also sorted the back light, all at no charge.
Found the lads up here provided excellent service and very sorry when they shut up shop.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sad if true.

@ColinJ I cant see this news reported elsewhere, do you have a link?
It was in an email to affiliate marketers. I have just reread it and it still sounds to me like a closure of the business, but it could be a badly worded announcement of the closure of the affiliate marketing campaign?
Email said:
Dear Affiliates

We regret to inform you that Evans Cycles will close on 30/07/2020.

Please continue to promote Evans Cycles as usual as their affiliate programme is still active with us and we continue to foster growth and facilitate partnerships until the close date. We will update you closer to the end date on when you will need to start removing Awin links and the closure process as it applies to you.

All remaining commissions will be submitted to the advertiser for validation on the date of closure. Thank you for your efforts in promoting this advertiser.

AndyRM

XOXO
That does read an awful lot like game over.

ETA (just a thought): If this isn't common knowledge/hasn't been announced it may not be a great idea posting about it on a public forum?

Top Bottom