Got my Ice Adventure Folder Yesterday

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by stearman65, 23 Sep 2016.

Tags:
  1. stearman65

stearman65 Well-Known Member

Bought it from Ebay, collect tomorrow. Needs a set of mudguards, original or retro fit, if anyone knows some. Bad knee compresses a bit too much so I might have to change the cranks, but I was wearing long trousers when I tried it, can't see a 76 year old in lycra.:wub:
    upload_2016-9-23_15-18-54.png

nilling, sotkayak, Saluki and 5 others like this.
  2. PaulM

PaulM Veteran

Nice. Is that the unsuspended model?

3. OP
    OP
    stearman65

Do you mean rigid, no suspension? If so yes it is. I think it's around 2012?

4. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Looks nice enjoy

stearman65 likes this.
  5. Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo Veteran

One problem spotted , the SA brakes are mounted upside down .:crazy:
    Perhaps somebody needs to visit Specs****s before they assemble trikes :eek:

6. looks nice.

IMG_2017.JPG

...snap. Ice Adventure 26. Mines a 2014 model IIRC.

JtB and stearman65 like this.
  7. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

Whether it's the angle of the photo but the derailleur looks very close to the ground in the first photo whereas @SatNavSaysStraightOn 's one looks to be a shorter one.

shouldbeinbed and stearman65 like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    stearman65

This is part of the text from the Ebay add "I recently put on a new tyre (a Schwalbe marathon plus, matching the rest). It's also got a pretty new chain and rear derailleur as well as SRAM X5 27 gears, triple front chain ring, X rims by Alex and Tektro brake levers.) I assume the pictures were pre add, I'll ask when I collect today, someone also mentioned the brake levers were upside down, which I assume was pre add & before the re-furb because it certainly didn't look the same when I saw it 2 days ago. Will post up to date images later.

9. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

26" rear wheel on @SatNavSaysStraightOn s trike whereas the other one looks to be a 20" rear wheel.

stearman65 and summerdays like this.
  10. Mine was built by a professional trike builder. If you look at my brake levers you will find they are they same way up. Click on the image and it should enlarge. Look at the ice adventure website (http://www.icetrikes.co/explore-our-trikes/adventure) and you will also find they are they way up.

Scoosh and raleighnut like this.
  11. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

shouldbeinbed likes this.
  12. I utilised my existing treat wheel with rohloff hub. The derailleur is there simply for chain tension as a result of the front derailleur and triple chain ring.

13. I've since changed it to a much longer one because of the chain constantly coming off when I changed chainrings on the front

raleighnut and summerdays like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    stearman65

20 inch all round.

15. Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo Veteran

Sat Nav said
    Mine was built by a professional trike builder. If you look at my brake levers you will find they are they same way up. Click on the image and it should enlarge. Look at the ice adventure website (
    http://www.icetrikes.co/explore-our-trikes/adventure) and you will also find they are they way up

Hmm .......You have discs and not SA drums
    In both cases if cable controlled they often share the same brake levers on the handlebars
    However that's not the problem
    Its the SA Lever arms on the SA brake back plates
    You can see the bobbins that secure the cables above the drum assembly
    The image shows they have been mounted above in error :banghead:

Last edited: 24 Sep 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice