Got my Ice Adventure Folder Yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stearman65

Bought it from Ebay, collect tomorrow. Needs a set of mudguards, original or retro fit, if anyone knows some. Bad knee compresses a bit too much so I might have to change the cranks, but I was wearing long trousers when I tried it, can't see a 76 year old in lycra.:wub:
upload_2016-9-23_15-18-54.png

PaulM

Guru
Nice. Is that the unsuspended model?

One problem spotted , the SA brakes are mounted upside down .:crazy:
Perhaps somebody needs to visit Specs****s before they assemble trikes :eek:

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

Whether it's the angle of the photo but the derailleur looks very close to the ground in the first photo whereas @SatNavSaysStraightOn 's one looks to be a shorter one.
This is part of the text from the Ebay add "I recently put on a new tyre (a Schwalbe marathon plus, matching the rest). It's also got a pretty new chain and rear derailleur as well as SRAM X5 27 gears, triple front chain ring, X rims by Alex and Tektro brake levers.) I assume the pictures were pre add, I'll ask when I collect today, someone also mentioned the brake levers were upside down, which I assume was pre add & before the re-furb because it certainly didn't look the same when I saw it 2 days ago. Will post up to date images later.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Whether it's the angle of the photo but the derailleur looks very close to the ground in the first photo whereas @SatNavSaysStraightOn 's one looks to be a shorter one.
26" rear wheel on @SatNavSaysStraightOn s trike whereas the other one looks to be a 20" rear wheel.

Sat Nav said
Mine was built by a professional trike builder. If you look at my brake levers you will find they are they same way up. Click on the image and it should enlarge. Look at the ice adventure website (
http://www.icetrikes.co/explore-our-trikes/adventure) and you will also find they are they way up

Hmm .......You have discs and not SA drums
In both cases if cable controlled they often share the same brake levers on the handlebars
However that's not the problem
Its the SA Lever arms on the SA brake back plates
You can see the bobbins that secure the cables above the drum assembly
The image shows they have been mounted above in error :banghead:

Last edited:
Top Bottom