Great Notts Bike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephen.1989

The upcoming 28th Great Nottinghamshire Bike Ride, organised by Nottingham County Council and sponsored by Boots, will take place this coming Sunday (21 June) at The National Watersports Centre, Holme Pierrepoint, Nottingham.

Entries will now be accpeted until this Wednesday (17th June) at 12 midnight. This year's event is bigger than ever and as entries have been flying in, organisers have decided to extend the entry date.

Riders can choose from a number of routes to do - there is a 75 mile Sportive Ride, a 50 mile Challenge Ride, an 18 mile Community Ride, or a Family Lap challenge. While being quite a competitive event, Great Notts also has a very strong social element to it. It's a great way to get active, meet new people and make friends, and raise money for a good cause - there are four official event charities that participants can raise money for if they like.

For more information, or to download an entry form, visit www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/bikeride

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Surely it wasn't necessary to post this thread, of which there are others and then bump the other one? You could have at least deleted this thread or asked a mod for them to be merged?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I meant the other one and I wish people wouldn't tell porkies. Stephen.1989 knew very well that he'd bumped up the other thread because he posted in it 4 minutes later :biggrin:. Saying because you couldn't find another one, at least be honest.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Im sort of thinking of doing it.
But paying £15 to ride a distance i could do any other sunday on a club ride.......

TVC

Joe24 said:
Im sort of thinking of doing it.
But paying £15 to ride a distance i could do any other sunday on a club ride.......

Just think of it as giving £15 to 'charidy mate' so you can show off in front of lots of inferior cyclists.

TVC

Joe24 said:
Nope, only £2 goes to charity

Yep, but that's how it always works. Someone has to pay for the plastic medal and the t-shirt you'll only use for gardening. You do still get to show off though.

Joe24

The Velvet Curtain said:
Yep, but that's how it always works. Someone has to pay for the plastic medal and the t-shirt you'll only use for gardening. You do still get to show off though.

T shirt gets classed as 'free' doesnt it?

Im not sure if im going to do it. Im either going to just turn up and do some of the ride, or join on the day and do it. Not sure yet.

Joe24 said:
Im not sure if im going to do it. Im either going to just turn up and do some of the ride, or join on the day and do it. Not sure yet.

Skinflint, won't you just think of the children? ;)

Got the mega-sexy t-shirt and going to wheeze my way through the fifty miles.

Shame it's on fathers day really as my daughter is too young to come, still, I think it will be a fun day out.

bonj2

Joe24 said:

i've already got the t shirt.
Got sent it through the post.

TVC

Got my t-shirt too.

Which one are you doing Bonj the 75 or the 50?

It's the 75 for me, and again I will be completely invisible in my Orbea Basque orange outfit :sad:

bonj2

The Velvet Curtain said:
Got my t-shirt too.

Which one are you doing Bonj the 75 or the 50?

It's the 75 for me, and again I will be completely invisible in my Orbea Basque orange outfit :smile:

the 75

Joe24

I ver much doubt i wil be doing GNBR. I didnt get much sleep last night, and feel pretty tired, so ill be having abit of a lie in and going on my normal training ride with the cycle club.
You might see me riding around on my way there/back. Ill be on my fixed in full Sherwood CC kit, and ill probably end up on abit of the route at some time.

Top Bottom