Greedy much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Madonna's playing about 2 weeks of gigs at the London Palladium early next year.

She's charging between 350-1250 quid a ticket. :eek: She's taking the P as she's worth in the region of half a billion USD.

I do hope no-one actually shells out that amount just for a gig.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Sounds like crazy prices to me, but they've probably done their research and know people will pay.
How much do people generally end up paying when they have to buy the tickets second-hand after they all get snapped up by touts anyway?

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'm not sure why anyone would pay £35 to see Madonna, never mind £350 but each to their own.

I'd probably pay £35 to see Maradona.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It’s far too much to watch someone who is 20 years past their best.
I expect this will appeal to tourists.
How much are top Las Vegas tickets in comparison
I was thinking exactly the same. Plenty of wealthy tourists visit London. Spending a couple of K on top seats to see Madge is no big deal for them. I guess it's the equivalent of going to see Barbara Streisand in Vegas
Palladiums a relatively small venue. It'll sell out for sure

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm not sure why anyone would pay £35 to see Madonna, never mind £350 but each to their own.

I'd probably pay £35 to see Maradona.
If you're on facebook, there's a page that does the same clip of Maradona dancing, set to a different tune every day.
Call me simple, but it gives me a chuckle most days. Here's one from YouTube

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWiWV6ImNK4

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's only the oldies that are going to have that sort of money but I wouldn't think many of them are willing to shell out to see Madge.

screenman

Legendary Member
Somehow I do not think Madge gets to keep all of the money, there are plenty of people who will splash that amount of money for a good night out, most of them are very successful people when it comes to earning well, unlike most of us lot.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I was thinking exactly the same. Plenty of wealthy tourists visit London. Spending a couple of K on top seats to see Madge is no big deal for them. I guess it's the equivalent of going to see Barbara Streisand in Vegas
Palladiums a relatively small venue. It'll sell out for sure

I was looking at that today and, even though the tickets have been on sale since June, none of the gigs have sold out.:laugh:

It seems common sense is prevailing.

Top Bottom