Handbags - acceptable language?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You can have what ever opinions you want and use what ever terms you want. In fact by posting that you have actively proved yourself wrong.

You just can’t use them on the BBC. Like any employer they have rules which have to be adhered to. For instance I can swear as much as I like at home. I can’t swear at work.

Or twatter or instagram, or any other public platform....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You can have what ever opinions you want and use what ever terms you want. In fact by posting that you have actively proved yourself wrong.

You just can’t use them on the BBC. Like any employer they have rules which have to be adhered to. For instance I can swear as much as I like at home. I can’t swear at work.

Not proved myself wrong. I am sure there will be someone along to say somethng sooner or later.

stephec

Legendary Member
What was a RSBB* like you doing watching Wendyball anyway?

* For those of you who haven’t been hanging around here for donkeys years means; ‘Ramrod Straight Bird Biffer’ a phrase coined by C+ member Chuffy /EvilChuffy....
Are you casting aspersions on the masculinity of footballers with that description? 😊

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
yep exactly.
I always kind of assumed it came from the theatrical world.
Like "prima donna".
Another banned phrase perhaps.

The irony is of course that after yorkshire souls have banned certain words and phrases they will awake into their new dawn to find that those they claimed to be protecting/championing are using the same terms themselves. With relish as you say.

Interesting. In languages with only male/female forms (I am no expert, so, cannot quote a concise list), how will gender neutral language work?

RichardB

Slightly retro
Interesting. In languages with only male/female forms (I am no expert, so, cannot quote a concise list), how will gender neutral language work?

In WokeAmerican - 'Latinx' replaces Latino and Latina.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
What do you judge by the rosette? He's a racist? And therefore anyone who voted brexit is a racist?

No, that he was a brexiteer.

The EU was great for cross fertilisation of scientific endeavour and other knowledge sharing.
Such as in the fields of astronomy

With Brexit we will no longer be part of the erasmus scheme that I mentioned in my post.

The world of learning, on many levels will be poorer as a result.

So I'm surprised that someone who was in favour of knowledge sharing, was in favour of Brexit, that's all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom