Happy new year - rides on day 1 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Sat in the garage on rollers in front of my tablet showing a YouTube turbo video and listening to the music through a Bluetooth speaker that my lad bought me for Xmas. All I could hear over the sound of the rollers was the thump thump of the music. Roll on spring šŸ‘
Sounds fun šŸ˜œ

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

My bikes are 320 miles away so it will be later in the month. :sad:
Why where how

No matter what i wear my hands and feet are always numb - lobster claw is that a type of gloves or brand name

A type of glove.

Here's a review from a US cycling mag.
"When the temperature dips, lobster gloves are your best bet for keeping your hands warm while retaining some freedom of movementā€”they trap more heat than gloves and afford more dexterity than mittens. The Siberian Split Finger from Craft is warm, comfy, and competitively priced. The glove separates your fingers into a sort of Vulcan greeting, and within those two compartments thereā€™s a small separator between the two fingers that helps wick sweat. The inside of the glove is plush and cozy, and the cuff hugs the wrist closely with a Velcro closure. Thereā€™s a soft wipe on the side of the thumb for a cold-weather runny nose, and fully reflective fabric on the top for gloomy days and nighttime rides."

Mine were a cheap pair from Aldi's but I still find them warmer than traditional gloves. Clumsier than gloves but fine once you get used to them.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

A type of glove.

View attachment 566664

Here's a review from a US cycling mag.
"When the temperature dips, lobster gloves are your best bet for keeping your hands warm while retaining some freedom of movementā€”they trap more heat than gloves and afford more dexterity than mittens. The Siberian Split Finger from Craft is warm, comfy, and competitively priced. The glove separates your fingers into a sort of Vulcan greeting, and within those two compartments thereā€™s a small separator between the two fingers that helps wick sweat. The inside of the glove is plush and cozy, and the cuff hugs the wrist closely with a Velcro closure. Thereā€™s a soft wipe on the side of the thumb for a cold-weather runny nose, and fully reflective fabric on the top for gloomy days and nighttime rides."

Mine were a cheap pair from Aldi's but I still find them warmer than traditional gloves. Clumsier than gloves but fine once you get used to them.
Thanks will to try it

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Too much ice around in Glasgow
Good old glasgow - lived there once upon a time šŸ˜Š

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Headed out to the snowy Cheshire plains with a fellow forum member (as allowed by the current vivid rules) which was a compromise as I would have otherwise been running my annual NYD forum ride.
I managed to extend the ride to cover 51 miles. Ride partner covered about 10 miles less.

Slick

Guru
Yes I had surgery to repair ligaments 2 weeks ago
Ah, must have been a bit if a wait, ir maybe I've just lost track of time. Heal quickly. šŸ‘

Yes nothing like outdoor activity but my hands and feet get numb no matter what i wear
Mrs Slick is much the same and now rarely goes out on the bike during the worst of winter. As someone who rarely feels the cold, I have very little advice to offer other than don't fall into the trap of doubling up with socks and gloves as you need your circulation for warmth. :okay:

Top Bottom