Happy new year - rides on day 1 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Smart trainer with your own bike much cheaper !
How do you fix your bike to work like a static cycle ?

Sharky

Guru
Not been out on my first ride of the year yet. Heart wants to, but the mind says wait until the temps rise a bit (over 5 degrees). My mind remembers an off (black ice) and a trip to A&E a couple of years ago on Jan 2nd.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I haven't invested in winter tyres for my bike so not risking going out until the ice has gone... I know from experience that it's very hard to fall on!

Walking is good enough for now.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Ne'er day ride turned out to be a lot icier than it appeared to be from my vantage point at Celine Towers. The proposed loop rapidly evolved into a lower level one that avoided long, shaded or steep descents.
I got a 'new' second hand mobile phone for Christmas which has a much better camera than the old one had.

Unfortunately its battery life is worse, as can be seen from the strava map.

1609592018793.png

31.5 actual miles. 3C but bright sunshine most of the way. :sun::cold:

snorri

Legendary Member
I was out on Hogmanay and struggled with some of the hills, glad to get out on the 1st in much improved weather conditions and find that I'd just had an off day.:smile:
Saw one other cyclist, the Covid cycling boom continues:whistle:.

pjd57

Veteran
Got out today. Just an errand to Rutherglen, other side of Glasgow.
Had to walk the first bit from my house to the bus routes and the last bit at the other end.
Only 18 miles , probably 16 on the bike.

Shreds

Trike and studded tyres will solve most problems. Being wrapped up appropraitely is easy with experience and foresight. :becool:

Cerdic

Seems like a whole lot of icy problems!

Was cold and damp in my neck of the woods, but I went out New Years Day for a quick ten mile loop. Got overtaken a couple of times and ended up with cold toes. Usual stuff...

Top Bottom