Have I been abducted by aliens?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swede54

Did my first 40 miler this morning and according to Garmin it took 3 hours which I was well pleased with. But how come it was Spring when I left home and Summer when I got back?

Gary E

Veteran
13.3 mph average for your first 40 miler. That's not too shabby at all.

Always feels great to reach a new distance doesn't it? You'll be on a high for the rest of the day.

Well done.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I set off this morning in the dark at 5.50am, then went through the early morning sunrise , sunshine ,over the moors in the fog and sunshine again, sweating one min and freezing the next .It could have been any of the four seasons.

OP
OP
swede54

swede54

13.3 mph average for your first 40 miler. That's not too shabby at all.

Always feels great to reach a new distance doesn't it? You'll be on a high for the rest of the day.

Well done.
Thanks Gary E. It also included my first ride with over 1000ft of climbing (it's not very hilly around here) with no walking and my first sub 3 minute mile so I was well chuffed.

And yes Adrian, the arse is a little tender today.

ushills

Veteran
My normal week-day training ride starts at 5:15 so I'm back for 6:30 before the family wakes.

Sunday I delayed a longer 24 miler till 6:15 and watching the day start with all the birds, sheep and cows was fantastic, al really good start to the day.

Only passed by 2 cars the entire time and back in time for breakfast.

Best time of the day.

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
which Garmin are you using??? I'm on the garmin edge 200, and im not sure if the calorie count is correct. A journey that displayed 500 calories on the cateye now shows 1200 on the garmin gps????? exactly the same journey!??

OP
OP
swede54

swede54

which Garmin are you using??? I'm on the garmin edge 200, and im not sure if the calorie count is correct. A journey that displayed 500 calories on the cateye now shows 1200 on the garmin gps????? exactly the same journey!??
I've got the 800. I've set up my profile with weight, heart rate zones etc. and for my 40 mile trip it says I used 1900 calories, ranging between 33 and 66 calories/mile which seems reasonable.

Top Bottom