Have you joined because you want to lose weight and get fit in the New Year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WellyWonkey

Yeah me also. The years of constant boozing and eating the wrong foods have finally caught up with me I reckon. Anyway, I'll make a good go of getting fitter on my new bike. Once this flippin' wind dies down a bit! :whistle:.

Yeah me also. The years of constant boozing and eating the wrong foods have finally caught up with me I reckon. Anyway, I'll make a good go of getting fitter on my new bike. Once this flippin' wind dies down a bit! :whistle:.
Learn to deal with the wind my friend , when i began riding i basicly set myself out 3 or 4 circular routes around my town of various distances. I remember doing this one ride a couple of times of the bat and getting hammered by the wind along 3/3.5 mile section along the sea front and marina area so the following evening i went around in opposite direction BUT Mr Wind knows and he turns around too , just to make life that little more bewildering.Just enjoy and keep the wheels turning.

jhawk

Veteran
Think I joined for the women! Not been disappointed! ;)

Just kidding, I joined for the bicycle-touring advice! And have been given that and more!

Thanks for the possibility of the Forum, Shaun!

genesis750

joined to find other folk to ride with locally (Fife) - not training to race! done a wee bit over the last 4 years - including the pennine etape - hardest thing i have ever ever done. looking to do 25-30miles. looking for advice on winter kit to prepare for the Caledonia. do a camping tour in Europe once a year.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
joined to find other folk to ride with locally (Fife) - not training to race! done a wee bit over the last 4 years - including the pennine etape - hardest thing i have ever ever done. looking to do 25-30miles. looking for advice on winter kit to prepare for the Caledonia. do a camping tour in Europe once a year.
Welcome. Lots of fifers on here, @Fubar and @Col5632 just two of them. Watch the informal rides thread, specifically those marked CC Ecosse for rides with members from here. Great bunch, hope you like cake!

Newman8

New to the forum - Hi!

Started riding again 2 years ago after way too many years off & now do about 60 miles most weeks (in seriously hilly Cornwall).
Riding all the time really helped me to quit the fags. Truly believe everyone should get a bike - anyone new starting, don't give up!

Have read forums regularly for a long time without posting - I built a bike last year & was indebted to everyone who posts for all the technical discussions in the archives - it is an amazing free resource, so thanks to all.
+1 for YouTube - also fantastic resource.

Rob

Martin McNeely

Another newbie here, just joined the forum. I've been road cycling consistently for the last year. Joined my local club in August and enjoying every run.Looking to hopefully start time trialling this year and push on as I already have my bikes/equipment sorted so no 'what bike' from me.
I'm impressed with the response and the post on the forum. I've had time over the holidays to search for forums and plan out my season. (Still nowhere with the planning tho) I also come from a running background,having done several marathons 1/2 marathons 5k 10k etc. started cycling again hoping to do a duathlon and I'm now addicted to the bike.

Top Bottom