Haven't been cycling for 2 weeks and starting to feel miserable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
As the title states i haven't been out on the bike for two weeks now..
With the weather being dire and being to busy with day to day stuff the cycling has taken a serious knock.
Its only been 2 weeks but i can really feel the difference. My jeans feel tighter and my mood has really dropped.
Im determined not to fall into my old way's again but sometimes when the combination of being busy and lousy weather, the cycling sometimes gets neglected
Tomorrow however seems to promise some half decent weather and i can't wait to get back out there again and escape for a few hours. I may even dust off the old Steelie Peugeot as I'm feeling very retro and nostalgic at the moment 😊

Oxford Dave

Same here, but it's only been one week - same symptoms though.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
We're all different and have many reasons for cycling or not.
Just talking on here inspires and motivates me. I also enjoy watching GCN on YouTube.
Watching the racing or the great scenic rides in good weather is a good motivator

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Hi.
As the title states i haven't been out on the bike for two weeks now..
With the weather being dire and being to busy with day to day stuff the cycling has taken a serious knock.
Its only been 2 weeks but i can really feel the difference. My jeans feel tighter and my mood has really dropped.
Im determined not to fall into my old way's again but sometimes when the combination of being busy and lousy weather, the cycling sometimes gets neglected
Tomorrow however seems to promise some half decent weather and i can't wait to get back out there again and escape for a few hours. I may even dust off the old Steelie Peugeot as I'm feeling very retro and nostalgic at the moment 😊
Same here, relieved to get a proper ride in 2 weeks ago today by pre empting Storm Ciara by a day. OK I ride/have ridden almost daily for commutes/transport the last two weeks during the week, have been blown, drenched and hailed on but hopeful tomorrow will finally get a proper jaunt out. Coming over to see you in lovely Wales.

Drago

Legendary Member
Any part that's not underwater...which leaves only the summit of Snowdon.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Hopefully the weather will be kind to you.
What part of Wales will you be visiting? 🌞
Just a quick nip over to the bridge to Chepstow. Gutting the pics and suffering in Monmouth, Ross, Hay etc all very familiar to me in normal conditions on a bike, not totally underwater :sad: Duh, technically not making Wales am I but after the bridge is really Wales ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No unfortunately. As much as I would like to i feel the road is far to dangerous to cycle along. The alternative routes are either extremely hilly or far to long to commute on a regular basis
That's a shame. Any other alternatives? Drive closer to work and bike the rest?

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Just a quick nip over to the bridge to Chepstow. Gutting the pics and suffering in Monmouth, Ross, Hay etc all very familiar to me in normal conditions on a bike, not totally underwater :sad: Duh, technically not making Wales am I but after the bridge is really Wales ^_^
That sounds like a nice ride out.
Opposite end of Wales to me though. North to Mid Wales is my neck of the woods. I would imagine that bridge could get a bit interesting to ride over in the wind 💨

Top Bottom