He touched my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:biggrin: Well I've been called a few things round here but I think that's a first for "dork".

Regards

TC
And the irony seemed to be lost on him.

We've done this before haven't we. You can lean on mine, hell you can thumb a lift, I've a four bike carrier on top. I'd prefer if you didn't lean on Mrs Crackle's, it's made of some kind of cheese (which is the same answer I gave last time, give or take a few words).

screenman

Legendary Member
You can certainly scratch a bonnet with the dirt that is on it already just by wiping your hand across the panel, there is an open invite to any guys who want to come here and see me do it. Also painting a bonnet can easily cost in the region of £400+ depending on colour.

Like bikes some people take great pride in the appearance of their cars.

asterix

Comrade Member
Trundling through heavy traffic into York in my car this morning a roadie made his way up the nearside and rested his right hand on my bootlid.

I'm guessing this was to save him from unclipping his cleats as he knew we would be off again in a few seconds, which we were.

And is resting your hand on another vehicle acceptable or sensible behaviour?

Could he just have done a track stand? Anyway, I don't wash my car so he'd catch something off it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You can certainly scratch a bonnet with the dirt that is on it already just by wiping your hand across the panel, there is an open invite to any guys who want to come here and see me do it. Also painting a bonnet can easily cost in the region of £400+ depending on colour.

What a ****ing waste of money. :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist

Oops. I mean... what a ****ing waste of money. :smile:

Sincerely yours

TC

Reactions: srw

Glow worm

Legendary Member
If merely touching something can scratch it enough to cause hundreds of pounds of damage then it's best suited to use in a sterile environment.

Or better still, here....^_^

best place for a car.jpg

green1

Über Member
Probably not - but that may be more of a comment on motorists' perception of "their territory". It would be nice if they all showed the same exaggerated sensitivity to other road users' space.
So if you leave your bike locked to a to a bike stand somewhere and someone comes along and damages it, it's okay because its in a public space? Or take it to extremes it's okay to damage anything as long as your in a public space while doing it?

simon.r

Person
I'd be miffed if a cyclist leant on my* car for the reasons already stated - it is possible to scratch it, especially if it's dirty. And I'd rather my car wasn't scratched, if that's all the same to you. I'm no more precious about my car than I am any other possesion, but I like to look after the things I have. It irritates me if someone working on my house throws a cigarette end on my garden, or if a worker walks in wearing dirty boots. It's the same sort of thing - just a matter of showing some respect for the property of other people.

*Technically it's not even 'mine' as it's a company car.

Top Bottom