Help with rear derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Willam

Willam

All I did in my first reply was to state the extremely obvious.

The obvious is not always correct ...I’ve been off work this week so only got round to fixing the bike for work Monday, turns out the bag must have loosened the gear cable, the bike is only a couple of months old so I guess it wasn’t tightened correctly on setup, I will give you this though, I should have worked it out as the chain wouldn’t move out of the highest gear which should have been a clue the cable was loose. TBF though until this thread gears were a total scary area for me, I now know a lot more than I did then.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

screenman

Legendary Member
So the bag unscrewed the clamp,clever bag, how did it do that? Either way it had nothing to do with the stops glad you have it sorted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Willam

Willam

So the bag unscrewed the clamp,clever bag, how did it do that? Either way it had nothing to do with the stops glad you have it sorted.

I’m guessing it didn’t unscrew the clamp, my guess is it was either not tightened enough or the cable was sitting in it incorrectly, I was cycling fast at the time, the bag wedged right in the small cog of the RD which totally jammed the drivetrain. I’m thinking this would have been enough to loosen the cable.

Top Bottom