Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's back to work we go....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Off to Asia tomorrow. Bits of work, packing and maybe a bike ride today

Sorry, but it had to be done...

asia_large.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
Just let the decorator in. Mrs Cube has set off for work about 40 mins ago, and the kids are still in bed. Cubette goes back to Hull on the 28th and Cubester back to Harper Adams on the 15th. I have some phone calls to make and a punctured car tyre to take to the garage. I may do a bit of work around a new business venture that's been on the cards for a while. Otherwise, the new boiler for my coffee machine will occupy most of my travails today.

Slick

Guru
I don't go back until tomorrow, then I have to attend a training day down sarff. Fly down Wednesday, training Thursday, fly back Friday. Dont you just love the public sector.

Back to the grind. Always a bit worried about opening my works van when it's been parked up for holidays. Sometimes find things I've left in there have mutated; the slightly ripe bananas I took to work, because the kids wouldn't eat them, didn't work out too well after our 2 weeks in Ibiza last summer.
Oh well, might just have a last cup of coffee before opening van.

martint235

Dog on a bike
First day actually in the office in two weeks although I did provide the cover for most of the Xmas period. Traffic was still light today which is good.

At the end of next week, I move roles to something where I don't have to provide cover etc, I'll be in an almost regular 9 - 5 job with the odd weekend of overtime but never on call :smile: :smile: :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Off to Asia tomorrow.
I will be doing something similar. Well; Asda, probably.

ozboz

Guru
Back to the grind. Always a bit worried about opening my works van when it's been parked up for holidays. Sometimes find things I've left in there have mutated; the slightly ripe bananas I took to work, because the kids wouldn't eat them, didn't work out too well after our 2 weeks in Ibiza last summer.
Oh well, might just have a last cup of coffee before opening van.

Hahaha ! I know about the old butties left in the van !
Thats one time the respirators come in handy !!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I rode ten miles in on Saturday morning, spent 30 mins going through emails, and then rode 10 miles home again. Got in today and I could not remember the PC password at all...

It was minus 3 today - with a stinking cold I wavered between riding or driving to work. Sorry to say that driving won the day. There were a few more healthy cyclists on the road. Bravo !

perplexed

Guru
I do enjoy pressing the delete button after a period of absence.

Those shouty emails that demand urgent attention otherwise the world will end are my favourites. I have a small chuckle and say to myself " well you managed to work it out for yourself in the end because I'm here reading it 2 weeks later "^_^

I love the ones which scream 'SENT WITH HIGH IMPORTANCE!'...

I'm now old and wise enough to metaphorically ask 'Important? Who for, you or me?', before deciding whether I give a toss...

Last edited:

ozboz

Guru
It was minus 3 today - with a stinking cold I wavered between riding or driving to work. Sorry to say that driving won the day. There were a few more healthy cyclists on the road. Bravo !
It was -3 when I left Richmond this morn , brrrrrr ! I was surprised at the number of Cyclists I saw as I made my way to the M25 through Kingston, Tolworth Sutton way ,
Hats off to em' !!

subaqua

What’s the point
awake 30 minutes before alarm went off. and like a fool went back to sleep . which made waking up on the alarm orrible .

ride in was nice (ish )despite there being lots of nobbers on bikes about. I need to have a rant about TfL and ot 2 local authorities tho. thats gonna be in tales from commute

Top Bottom