Hi honey, I'm home..... Skolly returns.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Take it easy Skolly.
I thought you said you'd kept your boyish good looks? :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I suppose I shouldn't say too much because this incident is going to result in an insurance claim and possible legal debate. I will just say I was near Hazel Grove on my way home from work.
I can see the legal argument now - 90% contributory negligence for riding a bike on a road near Hazel Grove! :whistle:

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
OK, had a busy afternoon & evening but finally got chance to have a close look at the bike and take some pictures.

Doesn't look too bad right?
upload_2018-3-3_22-1-23.png

Wrong!

Front wheel badly bent, and this is a through axle so can't be misaligned at the hub...
upload_2018-3-3_22-3-13.png

It isn't just the tyre, rim is off and spokes are loose in places due to the amount of bend. IMO not repairable. Rear wheel is also a little off true but nowhere near as bad as the front.

Saddle is knocked out of alignment but not a single scuff or scrape. Handle bars appear untouched, no rips or scuffs in the soft bar tape and alignment is perfect, not a mark on the shifters and headset/forks appear untouched.
upload_2018-3-3_22-8-53.png

This is where it gets interesting, and poses some questions and some possible theories on what happened.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
There is a chunk missing out of the R/H seatstay.
upload_2018-3-3_22-14-34.png

The top tube is broken on the R/H side almost exactly, but not quite, where the bars would smack it if they had spun around.
upload_2018-3-3_22-17-26.png

Seat tube is broken from the R/H side above where the front mech mounts.
upload_2018-3-3_22-19-3.png

Some damage in the L/H seatstay and chainstay where it has been stressed by the bike trying to fold.
upload_2018-3-3_22-21-9.png
upload_2018-3-3_22-21-38.png

I think this next shot shows the point of impact where the car hit me.
upload_2018-3-3_22-25-56.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yikes!

So, if your right foot had been half a pedal stroke further round, your right leg would have taken the impact?

Slick

Guru
There is a chunk missing out of the R/H seatstay.
View attachment 398433

The top tube is broken on the R/H side almost exactly, but not quite, where the bars would smack it if they had spun around.
View attachment 398434

Seat tube is broken from the R/H side above where the front mech mounts.
View attachment 398435

Some damage in the L/H seatstay and chainstay where it has been stressed by the bike trying to fold.
View attachment 398436 View attachment 398437

I think this next shot shows the point of impact where the car hit me.
View attachment 398439
Not good.

Top Bottom