Hobby suggestion thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
A lot of that in the New Forest as well

if it's young sexy people, bring it on... but as usual, it'll probably be old wrinklies... 🙄😆

How would you manage to fly a kite while in small dingy in middle of the North Sea .

I flew one riding my bike & yes I had a camera dangling from it
cycle kite cam small.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A friend of mine thought that it would be a good idea to fly his on top of a mountain in the Lake District. After being lifted off the ground and almost dumped off the mountain, he changed his mind...! :laugh:

Something similar happened to me on a mountain in Glencoe. I was kneeling down with my ice axe stuck in the ground and I was flipped over by the wind. Happened again a few minutes later. And I didn't have a kite either !

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Something similar happened to me on a mountain in Glencoe. I was kneeling down with my ice stuck in the ground and I was flipped over by the wind. Happened again a few minutes later. And I didn't have a kite either !
I had it happen to me when strolling along one of our local hilltops. It was a very still day until a sudden savage gust of wind almost blew me off my feet! It made me think about some of the videos on YouTube where daredevils are standing on high-up ledges or structures and taking selfies... One freak gust of wind like that and they would fall to their death.

Top Bottom