Holiday bookings & Coronavirus...how are we affected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The BBC has some bits and bobs which might be applicable.

wormo

Guru
MrsP , myself and the kids are off to Sri Lanka in just over a weeks time, at the moment the foreign office, and the Sri Lankan government have nothing on their web sites against going, at the moment anyway.
We're off there next tuesday, I think the bigger issue will be the middle east. We are flying via Doha. It seems that they are starting to limit flights from various destinations.

Unless specifically stopped we are going. More likely to catch it at manchester airport than sri lanka.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I'm worrying and I'm only going to the Lake District, deposit paid before Christmas, balance not due til May but I'm going to hold on until the last minute. Glad I didn't pay the full amount up front like I normally do.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm worrying and I'm only going to the Lake District, deposit paid before Christmas, balance not due til May but I'm going to hold on until the last minute. Glad I didn't pay the full amount up front like I normally do.
Ironically, the main reason we didn't pay full amount up front for European tours this year was basically hedging our bets against exchange rate changes from Brexit negotiations. Most bookings have been converted to flexible and the amount that I think we'll lose is probably similar to our travel insurance excess. A rather lucky escape from admin if not costs

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My cousin has just told me that his annual Spring cycling trip to Spain has been cancelled. He has managed to move it to September at minimal extra cost and is hoping that the pandemic has burnt out by then.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is a local MP in North Wales telling caravan owners not to go. Look we won't be 'circulating' with the masses and might actually help support the local businesses. We're coming until we can't travel. The grass needs cutting ! :whistle:

GM

Legendary Member
Looks like our family holiday to Santi Terzi in San Gemini is not going to happen. Each year myself and three brother take our younger brother (57) who is severely autistic and in residential care away somewhere. Last year it was Puerto Pollensa, which was great. This year we were taking our wives with us as well. So its back to the drawing board, hopefully to find somewhere later in the year.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
There is a local MP in North Wales telling caravan owners not to go. Look we won't be 'circulating' with the masses and might actually help support the local businesses. We're coming until we can't travel. The grass needs cutting ! :whistle:
I'm (hopefully) taking the caravan to cornwall for 3 weeks in about 10 days time.
We will be staying on small CL sites - maximum of 5 vans - and will be using all of our own onboard facilities. I really can't see that will be any more of a risk than staying at home.
I just hope the pubs stay open!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
My Bro did the same for May but in Dorset. He has cancelled and just lost the deposit.

johnblack

Ãœber Member
My Holiday insurer (Nationwide, through bank account) have mailed to Confirm that any holidays booked before 18/3 are covered. Hopefully it wont be needed as we're not going until August and booked through TUI, but it's hard to tell

Top Bottom