Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have booked us a week on a Greek island in July, so hope that comes off, otherwise its long weekends in the UK, incl a cycling one in the Cotswolds and a couple of tentative ski weekend plans, have one set of flights rolled over from last year, the other just date in the diary to go if "things" allow.

I have an urge to cycle the Caledonian way or Lochs and Glens way, that will need to be scratched in the next year or two.
Greece in July :eek:
I trust you enjoy cycling/walking etc in the heat.

T4tomo

Guru
Greece in July :eek:
I trust you enjoy cycling/walking etc in the heat.
Not active holiday.... beach, pool, relax, eat, drink, maybe a bit of messing about on a kayak.

T4tomo

Guru
Sounds like my sort of holiday:okay:
The OH said can we go somewhere hot and do nothing, rather than you try to cycle my legs off for a week! She has a point. I've not been fully forgiven for saying the ride from Port Pollenca to the Formentor lighthouse was flat once over the first hill. I get reminded of that every time the Seat advert comes on an ITV drama:wacko:

postman

Legendary Member
One week in Calan Bosch Menorca, booking a villa two kids and one girlfriend. We are paying,think this might be the last time they want to come away with us.Got to let them fly their own lives.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
My understanding of the first outbreak is that the apres-ski has a much higher covid risk than the skiing!
We'll be there with our son...those days are over. We'll be fine ;)

simongt

Guru
Er not now. We were going to Tenerife for Crimble, but with the Omicron variant just hitting the headlines, the post hol compulsory testing / isolating will cause another week off work. And the compulsory wearing of masks all the time whilst away just isn't functional for a supposed relaxing break. :whistle:

We have only one thing booked for 2022. A guitar playing weekend with some friends in Feb. It's self catering, so covid restrictions permitting it might be able to go ahead. Unless we are back to "rule of six" by then.
Other than that, we have nothing booked at all. I am hoping Mrs Salad will be content to stay close to home next year. I certainly would be.

gbb

Legendary Member
We had booked Turkey for this summer, cancelled it the other day.
Lost £120...worth it just so we dont have to worry about how things are panning out, which isnt very well at the moment.
A bit premature to book, maybe. It seemed under control when we booked.
A bit premature to cancel , maybe. It may clear (extra restrictions etc) , it may not .

Who knows ?...we tried but we are fairly risk averse, our £120 can go to the industry, it must be impossible for them (particually the people working within it)

vickster

Legendary Member
Um...we are going skiing in France for Christmas. I am beside myself with excitement and crossing my fingers Covid doesn't spoil our fun.
When are you meant to be going given the just announced news? :sad:

From BBC
We have more on the restrictions France is announcing on travellers. The new measures will be officially put out later, but their substance is now clear: from Saturday, people coming from the UK will be required to have a negative Covid test of less than 24 hours.

Once in France, they will have to self-isolate for a week, but that period of quarantine can be ended after 48 hours if they have a second negative test once in France.

Compelling reasons will be needed for entry, which includes visiting family - but not tourism or non-urgent work reasons.

The new measures apply to everyone regardless of whether they have been vaccinated.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
When are you meant to be going given the just announced news? :sad:

From BBC
We have more on the restrictions France is announcing on travellers. The new measures will be officially put out later, but their substance is now clear: from Saturday, people coming from the UK will be required to have a negative Covid test of less than 24 hours.

Once in France, they will have to self-isolate for a week, but that period of quarantine can be ended after 48 hours if they have a second negative test once in France.

Compelling reasons will be needed for entry, which includes visiting family - but not tourism or non-urgent work reasons.

The new measures apply to everyone regardless of whether they have been vaccinated.

It's been quite the day. The restrictions start at midnight tomorrow - we've rebooked our ferry to arrive at 11pm. We MAY make it by the skin of our teeth! LOTS to do in our household tonight! Wish us luck!

Top Bottom