Holy Grail - a comfortable saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Selle Italia Criterium

photo_07.jpg

Hard to come by nowadays and fabulously expensive NOS.........

Shaun

I'm a Selle fan - on most of my bikes. Newer saddles mostly. I like the flat profiles.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Saddles are like shoes...they seem great for 20 mins..then it starts..
my SDG Curcuit seat on my old commencal was the exception..murder for 10 mins then great..

fatjel

Veteran
I mostly use charge spoons but for longer rides I swap for a charge knife which has a bit less padding
I have bought many saddles to arrive at this point the first being a charge spoon which was Ok
Somehow I thought I might find better spent a small fortune on Brooks, Fizik, Selle SMP etc
Reading this I sound more idiotic than usual

I've tried about 10 different saddles (I know that's not really a lot) and most hurt or gave me numb nuts... I now use a Chinese copy of a selle smp saddle... I bought a second as it's soo good, and it's now discontinued on the site I used, so if/when they wear out I guess I'll get the real thing.. It's been a great route for me as I wouldn't want to spend what the real one sells for and then find out I didn't like the shape, but I'd gladly spend it now..

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Late on last year I changed over to an Infinity saddle. It was a gamble. There were very few people to ask about them. But those I did ask really liked them. I bit the bullet and paid up. They are not cheap and there is not a lot to them.

I have ridden about 5000km on it and it is excellent. I was out for 85km this morning. My legs are a bit heavy, but no soreness or discomfort in the seating area. I have all sorts of saddles in my shed. But the Infinity is staying on my bike.

Attachments

• 20171006_134334.jpg
    20171006_134334.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom