Home Bargains prices as against Tesco, Sainsbury etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5165592, member: 259"]Waitrose have some good buy two deals on Fray Bentos at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Nearest is 23 miles(An hour & 20 minutes) away.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Not been in one all the foods I looked at on the website were in cases and short dated, some very short as in March 2018 - Same with Pepsi etc. I would guess these are not coming from the manufacturer as I couldn't imagine PepsiCo having stock with short dates in their warehouse. So maybe bankrupt stock job lots some will have extended life some close to expiry. I know other discounters have smaller sizes to hit lower prices.

Smacks of ducking and diving buying, when they are gone they are gone etc. nothing wrong with that.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Do any branches of Home Bargains, B+M, de-Range, QD, any of those, have cycle parking more than the legally-required bare minimum? They seem worse than Tesco and that takes some doing. I think I read about one in Cambridge providing only the bare minimum... and then obstructing it with garden products to make it unusable.

some very short as in March 2018 - Same with Pepsi
I would imagine that "expired" Pepsi would be good for at least months after the sell-by date.

Amusing fact. I did a quick google "shelf life of pepsi", and check the second and last of these alternative questions ....
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 20.47.41.jpg

Do any branches of Home Bargains, B+M, de-Range, QD, any of those, have cycle parking more than the legally-required bare minimum?
Not in my experience. My nearest B&M, in a recent build shopping .... eh .... blob ... has no specific cycle parking.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Are they like Aldi,at the checkout? You know,where they whizz the items through the till,then stick their hand out expecting you to pay, while you've only managed to get one or two items into your bag. Not forgetting the ignorant next customer in the queue,sitting on your shoulder trying to make you go faster!:angry:

Top Bottom