Honest opinions on a proper bike fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had my bike fit done, never knew how thorough a examination was until today

I was there for a little over 3 hours with every inch of me and the bike measured, actually found out I have one arm longer than the other ha ha

All I can say is there is a massive difference in comfort, a few subtle changes and some new handle bars made me instantly more comfortable

I've been for a short 8 miler to try it out and no sign of discomfort at all,

I'm not going to base the improvement on this alone as I was probably unconsciously pushing even harder than normal but the first 4 miles my avarage speed was up by 4mph on the 4 mile return I rode normally and my avarage was up by 2mph

As said I'm not reading to much into the speed as I need to do a 30-40 miler for a true comparison

Can't express how pleased I am with the comfort as it stands now, if I can stay comfortable over long millage I will be over the moon
Sounds like an immediate benefit, good luck :thumbsup:

Fubar

Guru
I'm a bit sceptical over the bike fit I had, a retul (mainly the cost to benefit ratio) however, it did identify a discrepency in my leg length and I think that has made the clicking in my thigh less audible and if that prolongs the life of my hip it'll be a good cost to benefit ratio.

Where did you get your bike fit done, up here or down south??

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

That's good to know Jason, thank you for updating us. Would you let us know how you progress then maybe when I get mine done you could give me the fellas details?
Yeah no problem, I'll post a few times on my progression (or not if there isn't any)

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

Well I've done a few rides not any particularly long ones as I've not had the chance so the longest so far is 25 miles

No pain or discomfort whatsoever, I was a little sceptical about having a fit as I couldn't see how it would make such a difference, but the difference for me is massive,

If someone is fairly comfortable anyway then they may not see the massive gains that I've seen as I was so damn uncomfortable but I do now believe that if your position can be improved even slightly you will see a gain

Again I've not done any ride of great distance but overall my average speed is up by almost 3mph which you will probably agree is Hugh, I used to average around 12.2mph on any ride over 15 miles, I could sometimes manage 14mph but I would almost kill myself to achieve that, I'm now averaging 15mph fairly easily and over 18mph on shorter distances

Very very happy as the gains were literally overnight so now I can concentrate on getting fitter and faster

I will report back when I've done a 40+ miler

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Well I've done a few rides not any particularly long ones as I've not had the chance so the longest so far is 25 miles

No pain or discomfort whatsoever, I was a little sceptical about having a fit as I couldn't see how it would make such a difference, but the difference for me is massive,

If someone is fairly comfortable anyway then they may not see the massive gains that I've seen as I was so damn uncomfortable but I do now believe that if your position can be improved even slightly you will see a gain

Again I've not done any ride of great distance but overall my average speed is up by almost 3mph which you will probably agree is Hugh, I used to average around 12.2mph on any ride over 15 miles, I could sometimes manage 14mph but I would almost kill myself to achieve that, I'm now averaging 15mph fairly easily and over 18mph on shorter distances

Very very happy as the gains were literally overnight so now I can concentrate on getting fitter and faster

I will report back when I've done a 40+ miler
If that's as a result of the fit, whether placebo or not, that's very impressive :thumbsup:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You may well be, but whatever it is it's a great result!

Top Bottom