How are you coping with the heat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheffgirl

[QUOTE 2554820, member: 259"]I find riding without gloves scary![/quote]

I've done it a few times when I forgot them, and definitely feels weird, I felt like my hands were naked!
Maybe I'll keep them, they did save my hands from road rash when I fell off last year.
I just stopped wearing my helmet too and that has taken some getting used to :/

DavidBlaine

It's just as hot here in Toronto, Canada as it is in the UK at the moment. I personally love it except when I'm trying to sleep! Riding has been better for me also with my old knees really enjoying the warmth.

David

Kookas

Über Member
After wearing a suit forced me on to the bus, I realised today that I feel a hell of a lot cooler when I'm on the bike than when I'm off it because of the wind in my face. It's only when I go back indoors after a ride that heat becomes a problem.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
BBC News @ 10 tonight: "Britain is Burning". There's the odd bush fire I gather.

Raging Squirrel

I've just started cycling again this week, I've been going out between 11.30am and 1pm, usually when its hotest, in a pair of roubaix full length bib tights! I'm doing better than I thought I would being such a big bloke, I cant stand the heat at all but it doesnt seem to effect me when I'm out on the bike for some reason

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I love cycling without all the cold weather paraphernalia but breathing in the warm air when climbing seems to make it a bit more difficult than when i'm breathing in the usual cold stuff? :heat:

Top Bottom