• Follow your nosw

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Follow your nose

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • Phone

Votes: 18 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
What do you use to navigate while on the bike?
Cannot edit the nosw one.:wacko:
Local club rides i know all the routes so no problem, Have a few 100 milers in my head, but am planning new routes, so am using gps for them.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Seat of my pants and follow my nose

With a quick look on google maps if using a new route

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been pedalling the local lanes for over thirty years so know most routes to the cafe's I use regularly, if I'm going somewhere new or taking part in an event I'll spend some time on Google maps learning the route.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mostly I'm going somewhere familiar, otherwise I follow road or cycle route signs, occasionally garmin

hoopdriver

Guru
I rode from Sussex to Istanbul once pretty much by guess and by golly, often with no maps at all - sometimes with a locally bought map. I got there, not by the most direct route - as I could see later when I saw a map of Europe - but I had the pleasure of discovery and didn’t wander too far off a sensible line. On those occasions when .i did have maos it was always fun to ride off the edge of them and wonder where I was heading...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got a Garmin, but I know most of the roads and lanes I'll typically ride so well that I rarely use the navigation function - about the only times I've actually used that have been on organised rides or sportives with a published route that have been off my usual patch.
When I first got the Garmin I faffed about plotting routes on it, but soon discovered that I'd normally fancy going somewhere different when I was out so that didn't last long.
And I've got a phone with GPS and Google Maps.

Plus I've got a reasonably good sense of direction, which if I combine that with a look at where I'm planning on going on Google maps the night before I'll have a fairly good idea and only rarely have to refer to the tech to find my way. Usually...

Top Bottom