• Follow your nosw

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Follow your nose

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • Phone

Votes: 18 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I follow the ley lines to work out the ley of the land.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I tend to follow my instinct. But if I get really lost, I'll get my 'phone out and set Google maps for home, until I am on roads I am familiar with.

gbb

Legendary Member
The wind dictates my outbound journey. Always into it whichever direction that happens to be. Once the general direction is decided, it can be wherever my nose takes me...and however far my legs will.

pjd57

Veteran
If I am going outside my normal routes/ comfort zone, I'll look it up on my folding paper map laid out on the floor.
Jot down a few details and that's me set to go.

robjh

Legendary Member
Echolocation, when I can't see the stars.

A serious answer this time : maps, real paper ones, usually torn from a spiral-bound road atlas.
Supplemented by an occasional look at Google Maps on a smartphone when I'm stumped, which happens mainly in towns when looking for the right road out.

On more local rides, especially if I'm leading a group, I just store a route in my head, using Google Maps at home to help prepare, and streetview for a preview of unfamiliar junctions so that I'll recognise them when I get there. I always have a folded map in my back pocket just in case though.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
On new routes a Garmin Touring plus a quick look on Google Maps & Streetview but mostly I'll have a destination and make up the routing there & back as I go.

Top Bottom