How I Broke My Ankle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
At least mine was high up in the muscle so no operation required, or possible. Equally not a lot of movement either at the moment. I am attempting to regain some movement through an hour of gentle moving to get the muscles extending again.
I am impatient though as I can't do anything active at the moment except bake cakes and get fat.:mrpig:^_^

Also it is not funny (sometimes) having one big muscled leg and one wasting away sparrow leg.:headshake:

U

User10571

Only just picked this up....
Sorry to hear of this McW.
Heal swiftly.

Arch

Married to Night Train
At least mine was high up in the muscle so no operation required, or possible. Equally not a lot of movement either at the moment. I am attempting to regain some movement through an hour of gentle moving to get the muscles extending again.
I am impatient though as I can't do anything active at the moment except bake cakes and get fat.:mrpig:^_^

Also it is not funny (sometimes) having one big muscled leg and one wasting away sparrow leg.:headshake:

I'm worried when you can walk again, you'll only be able to go round in circles. Still, the baking is fun, although not great for the BMI! But you're coming on very well, and I'll help where I can!

GWS McWobble. Glad you had some sympathetic help to hand, that makes a big difference at the time.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Any more news on your injuries? Sorry to hear about your off, it's easy done in this wet weather, especially with oil/diesel on the roads. I've noticed a lot of oil on the roads round here of late.

Hope your feeling a little better!

OP
OP
Wobblers

Wobblers

Euthermic
Any more news on your injuries? Sorry to hear about your off, it's easy done in this wet weather, especially with oil/diesel on the roads. I've noticed a lot of oil on the roads round here of late.

Hope your feeling a little better!

According to the quack, it's just a simple fracture - no surgery or manipulation needed. Though "just" still means 6 sodding weeks in plaster. Groan! Time to look out my emergency stash of co-codamol...

martint235

Dog on a bike
According to the quack, it's just a simple fracture - no surgery or manipulation needed. Though "just" still means 6 sodding weeks in plaster. Groan! Time to look out my emergency stash of co-codamol...
I have loads of the stuff. All you have to do is "forget" Brighton...... :thumbsup:

martint235

Dog on a bike
What colour is your plaster, did they give you a choice? Look on the bright side Andrew - one of the weeks has gone by already ^_^. Watch out for side effects of co-codamol too: Long Martin will have to send you emergency supplies of fig rolls ;)
Oh yes. I'd forgotten the side effects. Hobble off and buy a big box of bran flakes. :thumbsup:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
The side-effects of codeine are the worst and were the sole reason I put on half a stone at Weight Watchers one week even though I'd been too unwell to eat properly :angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just eat plenty of fruit :laugh: . Never had a problem with codene, other than it knocked me out. Took plenty of it before and after my shoulder operation last year.

OP
OP
Wobblers

Wobblers

Euthermic
What colour is your plaster, did they give you a choice? Look on the bright side Andrew - one of the weeks has gone by already ^_^. Watch out for side effects of co-codamol too: Long Martin will have to send you emergency supplies of fig rolls ;)

My temporary cast was a very boring white, but I've now got this boot-like affiar with straps instead - they've decided my ankle's still too swollen so I need to be applying ice packs to reduce the swelling.

And the orthopedic registrar now thinks I may have done more damage after all and has ordered a CT scan to find out. Deep joy! All this nice weather, at last, and I can't get out and enjoy it. Aaargh!!

Top Bottom