How important is cake ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've only had my treader for 10 days now and loving it (166 miles so far)

But I'm getting perplexed with all the chat about cake !

Is there a formula for the amount of cake to be eaten ? i.e. 1 litre of liquid = 2 slices of cake ?

Is it necessary to like cake to be a successful cyclist ?

I prefer slightly stale cake (coffee & walnut), will this affect my average times ?

Why cake ?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Proper food is better. I think only people on here eat cake, Everyone i ride with has proper food washed down with a beer.:okay:

It's a reward for hard work. It's a psychological spur if you're lagging behind and have a 'cake stop' coming up. It's good for you. And you should eat it WHENEVER you feel like it.

If I still lived in England, I'd be buying/making and eating fruit cake A LOT!

And Christmas cake isn't just for Christmas; it should be eaten throughout the year. :hungry:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Cake is more important than a carbon, Di2 roadbike and is almost as important as ice cream. If I didn't know ice cream was waiting for me at the halfway stage today. I would never have got there.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I
Is it necessary to like cake to be a successful cyclist ?

Yes, because it is the only food available at amateur races. You can't get smoked salmon linguine or anything else. Just cake, and sometimes chocolate-covered biscuits. The only drink is tea (don't mix up the spoons)

There is actually coffee but it is horrible.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
It's a reward for hard work. It's a psychological spur if you're lagging behind and have a 'cake stop' coming up. It's good for you. And you should eat it WHENEVER you feel like it.

If I still lived in England, I'd be buying/making and eating fruit cake A LOT!

And Christmas cake isn't just for Christmas; it should be eaten throughout the year. :hungry:
You can move in now if you want.

A man that makes cakes, bliss:wub:

A man that makes cakes, bliss:wub:

I didn't say that my cakes were actually any good... :okay:

I made a fruit cake for my long ride recently - a big one (and ALL for me).

Unfortunately I forgot to add the eggs and it turned out more like a fruit pudding. But there wasn't any left by the time I got home, and that was in addition to eating flapjacks, Snickers and a fruit, nut and chocolate mix. :thumbsup:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I didn't say that my cakes were actually any good... :okay:

I made a fruit cake for my long ride recently - a big one (and ALL for me).

Unfortunately I forgot to add the eggs and it turned out more like a fruit pudding. But there wasn't any left by the time I got home, and that was in addition to eating flapjacks, Snickers and a fruit, nut and chocolate mix. :thumbsup:
TBF you did ride a ridiculous amount of miles.

I would have eaten a scabby goat on that mileage.

Nah. Flap jacks, sandwiches, pork pie are all good snacks. If a longer ride then a proper pub lunch.

Cake is for the sort of losers who only give it up to 100% when riding.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yes, because it is the only food available at amateur races. You can't get smoked salmon linguine or anything else. Just cake, and sometimes chocolate-covered biscuits. The only drink is tea (don't mix up the spoons)

There is actually coffee but it is horrible.

You obviously cannot remember or never entered the races my wife catered for, we had 72 turn up for a reliability from our house once and they all came in and ate, many taking pack up's for the next day. My food bill for those events were not kind on my wallet.

Top Bottom