How irritating.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
:okay:
Perhaps your bikes are heavier than my 531 framed one.
Probably, especially the workhorses.

If you have old fashioned Weinmann red dot brake levers (or similar) where the cable spouts out the top of the lever, there's a danger of putting a kink into the brake cable if you rest your bike upside down.
That's why you put the bags under the handlebars. It also saves getting mud on the bars, which isn't a good look even if you have other sorts of brake levers.

BSOh

Über Member
I've just fitted a set of 32mm to my wheels, I wanted 28 but was restricted by rim width too.

Read horror stories of fitting them, how you need a spare 3 hours and the strength of a bear. Being only 8 stone soaking wet I priced up a fitting with the LBS. But when they turned up I had a go. Both done within an hour. Hybrid not built up yet, but hoping to try them out this week. I'm looking forward to stress free miles.

Well the bike took longer than planned, but was more or less finished this evening, so just went for a short spin. Only went a mile though as no lights. The Tannus were excellent. They felt solid and quite grippy. The ride felt as smooth as normal tyres, but also I somehow felt more stable. Although the virtual pressure is a little higher than on my normals so perhaps it came down to this.

Based on this limited test run, I'm chuffed to bits with them. They don't feel like a compromise at all for the distances and speeds I'll be doing. So I'm a happy bunny.

Top Bottom