How long can you plank for ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
numbnuts

numbnuts

Legendary Member
The temptation to say look in a mirror^_^
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We are talking about 'planking' on the floor and not on a bike like this aren't we?

. I thought you were all actually capable of doing it on a bike when i first read what it was and how you all seem to have tried it!:ohmy: So it's like press ups,but you freeze half way through the 'press up' and see how long yu can hold that pose for,i take it?

vickster

Legendary Member
By being a lightweight? :whistle:
Or simply as a consequence of being a member of the superior sex obviously :whistle:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I started yesterday at 12.55. In a few minutes, I'll have done 24 hours. Can I stop then?

Seriously, there's a lot of sense in what reiver says. I can plank for a while but only if I use other muscles than my core. Using core only I collapse after a very short time. Pilates showed me where my core muscles actually are.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Or simply as a consequence of being a member of the superior sex obviously :whistle:
Well, I have certainly known some extremely athletic women! (I was going to call them 'fit', but I'm sure that would have resulted in predictable comments...)

One of the things that impressed me most about my ex in our early days together was when she did her yoga routine. She was doing postures that I couldn't get into, and holding ones that had me crumple into a heap after a few seconds. She once did a headstand for about 5 minutes with various very strenuous-looking slow leg movements above her inverted trunk. :eek:

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
As someone who has suffered a spinal cord injury, I don’t subscribe to all this bollox about the plank being good for core strength. Anything which allows you to support your own body weight at three (or four) points is gonna do very little. Trust me, getting out of a low armchair requires much more core strength!
Besides, very little core strength is required to ride a bike.

Top Bottom