How long do you keep a saddle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Had my Sela Italia saddle for about three years, roughly 21000 miles, It;s started feeling a bit uncomfatable lately, It looks like it may have stretched a bit, Or it could be my backside has lost some padding, (my arse is getting skinier) Have been trying a couple of different saddles over the last week or so. The verict is still out on the Specialized Power Expert Saddle, Have got a Selle Italia Novus Boost Superflow Saddle with Carbon Rails to try over the weekend,
So how often do people change there saddles?

Drago

Legendary Member
Until the smell becomes unbearable.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The Charge Spoon saddle on my commuter is about 7-8yrs old and covered approx 21k which is a coincidence. In the last 12 months has been slightly uncomfortable but is getting better again now. I think the uncomfortable period was a result of a big injury sustained early in 2018 but it seems to be ok now so will continue to use it.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Had my Sela Italia saddle for about three years, roughly 21000 miles, It;s started feeling a bit uncomfatable lately, It looks like it may have stretched a bit, Or it could be my backside has lost some padding, (my arse is getting skinier) Have been trying a couple of different saddles over the last week or so. The verict is still out on the Specialized Power Expert Saddle, Have got a Selle Italia Novus Boost Superflow Saddle with Carbon Rails to try over the weekend,
So how often do people change there saddles?
About every 50,000km or so...

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My old Brooks Professionals finally became uncomfortably out-of-shape after about thirty years. A newer model was of lesser quality, so I've gone for Berthoud saddles. One advantage of these is that every part is available separately, including the leather.

I've burst multiple Fizik Ariones (they all came apart at the nose stitching but were replaced under warranty) but the Spezialised Avatar which was on my best bike (x2) 12 years ago is still on my winter bike at a educated guess its done around 55,000miles and the original saddles are still on my triban commuter and hybrid in my folks garage. In summary, only if a saddle breaks will I replace it :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
Im just possibly transitioning from Adamo to Selle Italia superflow. I began to find last year my Adamo became uncomfortable for no real reasons, so I bought the Selle.
So far its promising with hour rides very comfortable.

Top Bottom