How much would you spend on a new bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Up to 10k for the right bike, it would have to be a multi million pound win though.:thumbsup:

bpsmith

Veteran
Would have to buy whatever caught my eye tbh. Not necessarily big bucks, not necessarily cheap, but whatever floats my boat at the time. Would end up with a good number of them though...with a pukka workshop, as already suggested above.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
No limit. Why would you put a limit? If you've won a few million what's 10grand on a bike? Even if you haven't won millions and you can afford 7 or 8 grand on a bike then why not? You can't take it with you when you die. If it gives you enjoyment then it's worth every penny.

bpsmith

Veteran
I used to be in to cars, then motorbikes, but cycling has taken over now. I wouldn't spend huge amounts on a car, so could buy a significant number of expensive bikes instead. :smile:

Heigue'r

Veteran
Id have this i think, around 5k, I havnt really looked beyond this budget
LOOK-695-Ui2-15-1000.jpg

andyfraser

Über Member
I'd be in a position to try something with electronic gears so something that I liked the feel of with Ultegra Di2 would probably suit me (Dura Ace if I was being flash but I doubt I need it).

I probably wouldn't buy a car (I bet I do though) so I'd want a cargo bike with decent panniers and as bombproof as possible for going to the shops. I'd buy a decent MTB and actually go off road for once. I'd probably want to try a lot of different MTBs and a few cyclocross bikes.

I'll be honest, I'd buy the road bike and cargo bike as above then just buy a succession of bikes to try out different disciplines. The plus side is I'd probably out all day every day on a bike of some description.

NorvernRob

So many people replying 'I don't really need x or y'

Well of course you don't, if life was all about what we needed we'd be living in a cave with a fire for warmth and some food + water.

I'd probably end up with 10 bikes minimum, and I doubt any of them would be worth less than £5k. I'd buy what bike or part I wanted, when I wanted it and wouldn't even look at the price.

Top Bottom