How old is too old for Lycra 🥴

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd best not comment on her arse.
In her defence I at the time maybe half believed her - like many ex students I seemed to live on pasta for years - had the idea that it was inherently virtuous as it was relatively low in fat. Am nutritionally wiser now.
It seems to be a 'fashion' now, women in the good ol USofA have taken to having 'Butt Implants' :eek:

BTW don't 'google' that, it'll put you off your breakfast.

It seems to be a 'fashion' now, women in the good ol USofA have taken to having 'Butt Implants' :eek:

BTW don't 'google' that, it'll put you off your breakfast.
new thread time raleighnut :smile:

As are the saddles of the 2 blokes in the clip........................you didn't notice that though :laugh:
I was distracted by their stunts.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You've got to wear lyra, just to annoy the fashionistas. The older and bigger you are the better.
I think you got that backwards. The cycling fashion police, the Velominati, compel Lycra.

mjr

It is definitely a comfort thing, decent quality supportive lycra bib shorts can make a 100 mile cycle ride achievable and enjoyable,
loose fitting shorts / boxers and even padded undershorts can and do lead to serious chafing, I have been there and its not pretty.
Close fitting jerseys etc IMO just help with wind resistance and keeping you as aero as possible and looking pro :biggrin:
The opposite is also possible, with irritation from Lycra, badly placed pad edge seams and sweat retained by the pad.

And who wants to look like a pro when you're not? I'm not insecure about not having a ProTeam contract!

mjr

exactly.
Please tell the italians.
The number of Italians I have followed out for their weekend spin who seem to feel the need to wear the entire branded team kit.
Was it an Italian team about ten years ago that had blue shorts with a red heart shaped "codpiece"?

Top Bottom