Votes: 16 19.8%
  • No change

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • - 0-5Kg

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • - 5Kg+

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Makes sense. I was recommended 25ug a day. I also get some through the cod liver oil capsule and multivitamin I take. And sunlight of course :sun:
The calcium comes from milk and other dietary sources :okay:

A gnat's over 85kg. If I can get another kilo off, I'll be the lightest I've been for...decades!

Knightly85

So today is my 14th day since i decided to go healthy and have been cycling for 9 days. Started at 104 kilos after 1 week I was just over 100 kilos, after 2 weeks I'm 98 kilos. It's the last day of my self made chart today, I start a new one tomorrow and I'll add an extra daily exercise for the next 2 week's.

Drago

Legendary Member
18st 11lb, 119.3kg, this morning, nekked other than my joggers.

Now,m this is interesting. I'm still cycling as often, but my typical daily rides of 30-40 miles are down to 10-12 miles as I try to be sensible and stay within a close radius of home during the C-19 situation, so you'd expect possibly a slight rise. However, I have been really careful and quite disciplined and havn't touched snacks or alcohol in 10 days of so, so I'm expect the calorific deficit would roughly match the reduced exercise, yet i'm still up a pound.

I've been really hammering the weights on the legs though while i'm not doing so many miles, weighted single calf raises (my weight plus a 20k dumbell), squats, leg curls and extensions using the attachment on my weight bench at home, and Mrs D made an admiring comment about how firm and meaty my pins are looking, so Im am speculating I may have slapped on a smidge of lean muscle.

Knightly85

18st 11lb, 119.3kg, this morning, nekked other than my joggers.

Now,m this is interesting. I'm still cycling as often, but my typical daily rides of 30-40 miles are down to 10-12 miles as I try to be sensible and stay within a close radius of home during the C-19 situation, so you'd expect possibly a slight rise. However, I have been really careful and quite disciplined and havn't touched snacks or alcohol in 10 days of so, so I'm expect the calorific deficit would roughly match the reduced exercise, yet i'm still up a pound.

I've been really hammering the weights on the legs though while i'm not doing so many miles, weighted single calf raises (my weight plus a 20k dumbell), squats, leg curls and extensions using the attachment on my weight bench at home, and Mrs D made an admiring comment about how firm and meaty my pins are looking, so Im am speculating I may have slapped on a smidge of lean muscle.
Sounds like you are really committed like myself, my guess would be your are losing weight buy growing mussel which is why you have gone up a pound.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sounds like you are really committed like myself, my guess would be your are losing weight buy growing mussel which is why you have gone up a pound.
I've lifted since I was a teenage, and was a moderately competitive power lifter in the 110+ class until I smashed my elbow and wrecked my shoulder. I still lift now, but it's only this last 9 months that my broken bits seem to have settled into a comfort zone that I can work with/work around, and I've been lifting more. Religiously 6 days a week, very careful splits between body parts although I've been pushing my legs a bit more as they're injury free so they can take it, and because calves are used to working hard all the time anyway they really need punishing to get any useful extra power or size out of them.

Here's a gratuitous muscle selfie.

@vickster - thanks for the morning chuckle!

Last edited:

Knightly85

Maybe he’s on a seafood diet :whistle:

Muscle* :laugh:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I've lifted since I was a teenage, and was a moderately competitive power lifter in the 110+ class until I smashed my elbow and wrecked my shoulder. I still lift now, but it's only this last 9 months that my broken bits seem to have settled into a comfort zone that I can work with/work around, and I've been lifting more. Religiously 6 days a week, very careful splits between body parts although I've been pushing my legs a bit more as they're injury free so they can take it, and because calves are used to working hard all the time anyway they really need punishing to get any useful extra power or size out of them.

Here's a gratuitous muscle selfie.

View attachment 519597

@vickster - thanks for the morning chuckle!
The bingo wings are winning.:laugh:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Uncharacteristically I'm still winning thanks to the current circumstances. Following yesterday's 4hrs of low intensity mincing I'm plumbing new (ex-fasting) lows this morning - just broke 69kg for the first time and my daily mean is now a little under 69.4kg.

It's been 3wks since I got the new bike (which has been the real catalysit in all of this) ; in which time I've dropped 2kg and 3cm off my waist. Obviously I'm chuffed with this; better still it gives me something positive to work towards in the absence of anything else :smile:

EDIT: It's also interesting to note that the last time I weighed this much (near the end of a fast at the beginning of the year) my waist was nearly 2.5cm larger, so I've obviously gained a decent amount of muscle mass too.

Knightly85

Uncharacteristically I'm still winning thanks to the current circumstances. Following yesterday's 4hrs of low intensity mincing I'm plumbing new (ex-fasting) lows this morning - just broke 69kg for the first time and my daily mean is now a little under 69.4kg.

It's been 3wks since I got the new bike (which has been the real catalysit in all of this) ; in which time I've dropped 2kg and 3cm off my waist. Obviously I'm chuffed with this; better still it gives me something positive to work towards in the absence of anything else :smile:
Do youdo any other type of exercises besides cycling?

Top Bottom