Husband of cyclist killed by London lorry cries as driver is acquitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If this is the same Vincent Doyle as the one who killed someone in 1999 then surely it's a case of no smoke without fire. Were the jurors allowed to know it was him..IF it was him?
0578-3517546-Vincent_Doyle_45_pictured_failed_to_spot_German_postgraduate_stu-m-11_1459445140411.jpg

Last edited:

Rumple stilskin

That's the very one.

Is there any way that we can prove it's the same bloke? I'm just wary of any legal implications of saying that it's definitely the same fella 100%
It's not the same person get your facts right as none of you seem to know what you are talking about concerning this case

Rumple stilskin

Do we know for certain that the indicator was on? Reports say he turned left, activating the warning announcement, which is not quite the same thing. @glenn forger has a link to this driver's previous conviction for the same thing, horrifyingly he was acquitted despite the fact that in that case he was not indicating.
This driver does not have any accident record for his whole 25 years in the haulage industry

Rumple stilskin

I haven't knowingly ignored any of your posts, no need to get antsy.

If it's the same guy (likely) then it makes a tragic situation even worse, but I would be interested to see if we could get solid proof to confirm that it's the same bloke.
I can confirm that the driver is NOT THE SAME PERSON

Rumple stilskin

OK, I did contradict myself with 'conviction' and 'acquitted'. I was repeating hearsay, which is not really a good thing.
It's not a good idea when you don't have the facts

Because I am the driver and I'm getting fed up of people's ignorant assumptions
You drove your enormous vehicle over a young person, then got out of the cab and shouted at her. Now (if you are Vincent) you are coming on here, shouting at us because you don't like what we are saying.

She gets to stay dead, whether or not she deserved it. You are going to be hated by cyclists, whether or not you deserve it. Get over it. You walked free, which is more than your victim will ever do again.

The narrative in the Guardian made me believe that you were truly sorry. I no longer believe that.

Rumple stilskin

You drove your enormous vehicle over a young person, then got out of the cab and shouted at her. Now (if you are Vincent) you are coming on here, shouting at us because you don't like what we are saying.

She gets to stay dead, whether or not she deserved it. You are going to be hated by cyclists, whether or not you deserve it. Get over it. You walked free, which is more than your victim will ever do again.

The narrative in the Guardian made me believe that you were truly sorry. I no longer believe that.
It was a horrible ACCIDENT I live with the horror of reliving it every minute of the day

Top Bottom