I always wave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I flick the "V`s" at any passing cyclist...
When people mar my ride by waving at me I may nod unsmilingly back but I'm always forming a subtle, barely perceptible V sign with my right hand. And when people overtake me with a cheerful "good morning" it's generally a bit more perceptible once they've gone past.

Ashimoto

I always acknowledge other riders, be it road or off road. If im being honest most of the time they dont reciprocate, but Ive had road riders stop and ask me if ive ever needed help when ive been fixing punctures etc

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
I tend to wave or nod my head.

I do this more when it's fairly remote (e.g. in the countryside in West Berkshire). Not so much in the town.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What about chatting at traffic lights ?
Nice day , where you heading etc.

I tend to do that.
Someone once did that to me from a car. Slowed down and the passenger started yakking at me. Eventually they went away. I found out a few months later that I actually knew them. I was so studious at avoiding eye contact and getting rid of them that I hadn't noticed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What about chatting at traffic lights ?
Nice day , where you heading etc.

I tend to do that.

Yep, something I do now and again if I'm feeling chatty myself
On my daily commute I get to see certain regular cycle commuters. Some like to chat, some just a hi.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Motorhomers get very upset if they wave and another motorhomer doesn’t wave back.
VW van owners are a clique of their own....

kerching!
I must have upset a lot of people. I stopped waving since most are hired and never wave back and in any case there are so many of them I might as well get some sort of hand waving device to sit on the dashboard and just leave it switched on. I had a VW Type2 at one time and that is indeed another world.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I always acknowledge other riders, be it road or off road. If im being honest most of the time they dont reciprocate, but Ive had road riders stop and ask me if ive ever needed help when ive been fixing punctures etc

Me too, unless theres loads of em, in which case I think the understanding is mutual.

Can I get a waver waiver?

Of course, so long as you dont mind us more friendly types carrying on being cheery ??

No offence taken either way, live n let live and so forth :rolleyes:

rivers

How far can I go?
Don't normally wave as I use a very busy commuter route. I only wave to one guy, as he's in my cycle club and the partner of one of my mates.

Top Bottom