I am the best 200lb+ Climber in the Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
only if you are on a nimbus 2000
:laugh:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
I love it when people make claims about their ability that they are completely unable to substantiate..it's what the internet was designed for... :laugh:

Reminds me of a Goodies sketch from a very long time age.
Something along the lines of:

"I could've been a professional cyclist, you know. If only I'd had the stamina, the puff...and the bike, for that matter." :rolleyes:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
The best 200lbs climber in the country, eh?

Maybe I should put on 25lbs or so, just to knock you off the perch.

Or I could just go back to my pre-Christmas fighting weight and allow you to wave my arse goodbye up any Hill you care to mention. And I'm more of a "puncheur" than a grimp.

"Best 200lbs climber in the country"... Sounds a bit like "highest p1sser up the wall called Nigel in the 35-45 age bracket after six shandies" to me. But a bit less illustrious.

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
The best 200lbs climber in the country, eh?

Maybe I should put on 25lbs or so, just to knock you off the perch.

Or I could just go back to my pre-Christmas fighting weight and allow you to wave my arse goodbye up any Hill you care to mention. And I'm more of a "puncheur" than a grimp.

"Best 200lbs climber in the country"... Sounds a bit like "highest p1sser up the wall called Nigel in the 35-45 age bracket after six shandies" to me. But a bit less illustrious.
I'm 210 but in the process of losing a stone. I'll maintain my power and with an extra 14lbs shreded, Jesus it doesn't bare thinking about.

If you live in London or Hertfordshire you're welcome to challenge me at any hill, I'll end you.

Dec66

Whay-hey!!!

Thing is, it'll never happen, and you know it. Anyone weighing 160-165 will drop anyone weighing 200-210 up anything > 10%, assuming bikes are of similar weight and gearing. It's the laws of physics and biology.

Unless, of course, Mr. 200lbs is assisting himself chemically.

subaqua

What’s the point
I'm 210 but in the process of losing a stone. I'll maintain my power and with an extra 14lbs shreded, Jesus it doesn't bare thinking about.

If you live in London or Hertfordshire you're welcome to challenge me at any hill, I'll end you.
70eb9e91839b812dde776aaee9df00eb70c16c378e8bf530299154f53af89b48.jpg

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
Whay-hey!!!

Thing is, it'll never happen, and you know it. Anyone weighing 160-165 will drop anyone weighing 200-210 up anything > 10%, assuming bikes are of similar weight and gearing. It's the laws of physics and biology.

Unless, of course, Mr. 200lbs is assisting himself chemically.

I just think my power numbers are so far beyond what those 160lb guys can produce my watt/kg will still be superior.

Dec66

I just think my power numbers are so far beyond what those 160lb guys can produce my watt/kg will still be superior.
Ok, do us a favour, then.

There's a Strava segment up Sundridge Hill, from Pilgrim's Lane toward Knockholt, on the North Downs in Kent. Pop down there, go up that, and post your numbers.

Then we'll have a look, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom