I got the iPhone Strava blues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Just went out on familiar 25 mile route, targeting a few local Strava segments, with my eye on some PBs. Absolutely flogged myself on a couple of them, only to get home and discover that the segments hadn't triggered.

Grrr, and indeed, rrrrr.

U

User6179

Just went out on familiar 25 mile route, targeting a few local Strava segments, with my eye on some PBs. Absolutely flogged myself on a couple of them, only to get home and discover that the segments hadn't triggered.

Grrr, and indeed, rrrrr.

Noticed a couple of the lads I follow on strava having similiar problems in the last couple weeks, I run endomondo then upload gpx file to strava as strava was always missing parts of my ride.

The other week me n two m8s did a run ,me with my cheap:thumbsup: android phone and endomondo running and them with there over-rated^_^ n overpriced^_^ i-phones and they missed a lot of segments that I didnt.

Try endomondo and see how you get on:thumbsup:

Lee_M

Guru
strava is incredibly frustrating at times, I seem to spend a lot more time on mapmyride these days

I tried to create a new segment for one of my greek rides this week

(its an 8km uphill at about 7% average that mmr says is a cat2, strava has it broken into multiple segments even though there arent any flat bits in between and I wanted a single view),

and it went and played with itself for about an hour and then forgot what it was trying to do!

400bhp

Guru
try that website that allows you to snap the ride to roads-forget what it's called. Then upload to strava we willie winkie

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Go to the Raceshape website and click on their snap application. It will show you if your plot on the ride is a touch off and let you correct it triggering the segments. :thumbsup:

idlecyclist

I use strava via the iphone, no problems so far, but i have only been using it a few weeks.
It did say I reached a top speed of 42miles/hour going up hill last week, but im sure thats right :whistle:

I gave up using my iPhone (old version) for strava. it frequently missed segments, often had me riding 10-20m away from the actual road and sometimes gave me such weird data that it suggested I could fly at speeds of more than +400kph.

Click on pictures for bigger view - look at average speed figures!
Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg Untitled3.jpg

My husband treated me to a Garmin Edge 200 for £89.99 and I have not looked back!

Top Bottom