I hope he reported him.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Do the police make allowances for "avin a larf" with dangerous vehicles on the public highway?

Origamist

Legendary Member
I take it you've never worked in that type of environment, I've seen shopfitters/barfitters firing nail guns at each other across a site and have lost count of the number of bikes that have been 'farked about' with all in the name of 'avin a larf'

If you want to believe this is a prank, I'm not going to stand or cycle in your way [insert gag here].

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Do the police make allowances for "avin a larf" with dangerous vehicles on the public highway?
Funny you should say that, I was once cycling to work and whilst cycling at 25mph round the 3 lane junction 21 roundabout (just off the M1) a car was inches from my rear wheel when it sounded its horn, it then drew level with me (again inches away) to reveal the driver, a Detective Constable who also happened to be a drinking buddy of mine, he thought it was funny.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think the poster is pulling your leg...
I was but it's not beyond the realms
He could be but as others have posted there is more to this than we see in the video I'm sure.
I'm sure you're right, there are clearly a lot of pencil pushers on this forum who have never been witness to the robust jocular antics on a building site. Also stunts & stuff that were pulled 30-40 years ago would not be deemed acceptable today.

Also stunts & stuff that were pulled 30-40 years ago would not be deemed acceptable today.
Yup, and there was no such thing as rape in marriage then, either.

This could have been a "prank" (newspeak for bullying), but the apology does not reflect that fact. Do you have insider knowledge, or are you just guessing?

Of course if it was work place "hijinks"** extended to the open road, the boss had more reason to fire him, as any subsequent injury to the cyclist at the hands of the "prankster"** could have very easily lead to the company being sued as well as the "comedian"**.

And it's quite likely the boss likes his staff, and would rather none of them were killed.

**bullying/bully/bully. etc

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
News update, the cyclist was actually a co-worker of the van driver who had ridden to the place of work on the bike & was now riding home. What was observed was not in fact a hate crime of a van driver on a cyclist but a couple of work colleagues messing around.
Messing around , thats what its called nowadays when you nearly kill someone ?
Bloke at work says he would run a cyclist over , i know he is being a k**b for the sake of it but i am glad i go a different direction home to him.

Back on track maybe the cyclist is diddling the drivers mrs which is why he has personal issues ?... exit wild speculation mode.

Messing around , thats what its called nowadays when you nearly kill someone ?
This is an example from Australia, but I bet the same thing happens here.

..co-workers putting a live mouse down the apprentice's shirt, spraying liquid nails in his hair and ripping his work shorts.

In once instance, <BOSS> snatched the apprentice's phone and posted sexually explicit comments to a female friend's social media page.
[..]
"I would rather be burnt, bruised, assaulted, drenched in glue, water, paint, weeks' old coffee and spat on all over again than to relive a week of the psychological torment I endured," he told the court.
Those guys would definitely steer a van into the poor kid.

Guys RTFT! It wasn't workplace related, prank, bullying or other! This thread is now going seriously OT and just turning into a moan about any injustice........
I don't think it was, but there isn't enough evidence in this thread to say either way.

Earlier in the thread people wanted to see what happened in the minute before the video starts before they could comment, but now you think we can intuit their whole lives by a 15 second clip?

And really, we've pretty well covered everything we know about this incident in the first 150 posts, I think it's ok to go off topic by page 13.

IMO this is the very definition of clickbait!!

Hopefully most of us on here are cyclists? My initial thought was WTF is the guy riding in the middle of the road when, from appearances there is no need.

Then I saw the van swerve into him purposely.

As others above have said, it's a short clip and we don't know what happened before. BUT there is no excuse for driving like that irrespective of what happened before.

Having said that I do seem to see a prevalence of blokes on bikes riding 2 abreast in built up areas having a mothers meeting, not once even looking over their shoulder or having the consideration to button it until they get in a safe place to do so.

Please don't misinterpret that for what it is!?

I'm constantly doing life savers and if it's a built up or narrow road I'll make sure I'm in single file and speak up if whatever I have to say is so important.

People in general are just tossers without much common sense!!

Top Bottom