Votes: 40 16.9%
  • 40-50

Votes: 76 32.1%
  • 50-60

Votes: 75 31.6%
  • 60+

Votes: 34 14.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Bet you still expect presents every year though? :smile:
I got a pressie last year but that was my first pressie for about 3 or 4 years. My side of the family are either dead or estranged so there is only me really. With Hubster being on long term sick with only a teeny tiny bit of benefit, we don't really bother with pressies for me.

stephec

Legendary Member
I got a pressie last year but that was my first pressie for about 3 or 4 years. My side of the family are either dead or estranged so there is only me really. With Hubster being on long term sick with only a teeny tiny bit of benefit, we don't really bother with pressies for me.
Even if you don't actually get them you know the intent's there though.

stephec

Legendary Member
Last year I got a new strap for my guitar and a Snark tuner. We tend to give each other pressies as and when, just because. Hubster will cook tea and do the washing up on my birthday though ^_^
See, you don't need anything showy and over the top.

I quite often bring flowers home, but only when they've been reduced. If I was to pay full price though she'd moan at me and say it's a waste of money.

I got a big bunch of lillies tonight, £2 down from £10, and still looking like they'll last a week at least. :smile:

60. Retiring v soon...... hurray! Way of the Roses, Hadrian Cycle Way and Hebrides end to end already on the list......

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Yesterday I was demonstrating to some of my sixteen year old pupils how much of their lives were left by showing their position of a metre ruler using a scale of 1cm per year and a life expectancy of 85 years. They refused to believe the position that I occupied on the scale and insisted that it was less than 45cm. Some of them have grandparents younger than me though I am yet to teach the grandchild of any of my pupils.

Top Bottom