I need some decent gloves for below zero rides.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Craft Siberian gloves are reduced at Merlin cycles . RRP of £40 down to £13.99 Large is the biggest size they have but I need XL or XX large

According to the reviewers there is a size issue. It would appear that they are on the small side even when ordering large.

So now I am asking on here. Which gloves have you found to be ideal for below zero cycling?

neoprene is your friend

mgs315

Picked up some Ridge gloves from Halfords for about £15 that do the job. Only issue I have is th extra padding causes my thumbs to hurt when gripping the bars, though I have a feeling that may be due to me having more of a death grip due to less feeling over my autumn and summer gloves.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
If you want use of your fingers for changing gears then Aldi winter gloves (if they have any on website) or the likes of Sealskinz.

If you ride a single speed then the Ski mitts might be a better option.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have spent a fortune over the years and have all sorts of fancy gloves. When it gets really cold then the neoprene Aldi gloves work best, in fact after a while I get sweaty hands.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Having left my last pair on a bench at a stop, i recently bought some general outdoor activity gloves from Aldi for £15.

They are semi-gauntlet style which is good for keeping my wrists warm, but overall they are not so warm as to be sweaty.

That's in about minus two or three degrees.

I reckon it's possible to overdo it, some gloves are too warm in anything other than very cold temperatures, which I might only cycle in once or twice a season, if at all.

I like my Endura strike gloves for leisure/training rides and Aldi specials for commuting. On the coldest days they are a bit lacking but a pair of thin undergloves sorts that. Like most clothing things for me layering is essential to give me the versatility to control my temperature.

I use the Aldi/ Lidl, can’t remeber which lobster gloves and they have worked over the last few weeks (real feel around -4c).

I usually start off with a pair of thin wool inners and then take them off half way before I get too sweaty.

The only issue with the lobster ones is that I like riding with my index finger curled around the STI and I can’t do that with these gloves.

Above 0 Aldi/Lidl ski gloves or winter cycling gloves.

Top Bottom