I need some decent gloves for below zero rides.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
You need some of these...

View attachment 387458

Easy to get on and off (provided you don’t have a bar end mirror like me), hands nice and toasty all winter with fingerless gloves, no big, clumsy, sweaty gloves with lining that comes out when you pull your hands out. Also, they don’t start to smell like big gloves do.

They only really work with changers that have cables buried under the bar tape though. Get them for about £17 incl. postage from eBay (sorry, can’t seem to create link on my iPad, search for RockBros handlebar mittens).

Ok. So it makes you look like you’re riding a BatBike, but these things have been a revelation to me this winter.

Graham
Thanks @Tenacious Sloth and @dodgy

OK, I got a pair for Christmas. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBros...751560&hash=item3cfa3a6f9a:g:aMIAAOSwsBtZ5rjc Look ludicrous but work an an absolute treat. I usually have either over gloves or liner gloves (possibly both). Today was around 4 to 5 degrees. The hoods fit in seconds (once you look at the pics properly!)

I started off with one pair of gloves (medium weight, says 5degrees on them). This was too warm and I then managed fine with no gloves at all. A little clammy if anything but easy to get hands out to cool down). I was out for about 80 minutes.

Definitely going to be on for rides in cold weather. I would reckon these would be a fantastic buy for anyone doing winter commutes. Not tested in rain but will fend it off for a long while I suspect

NB only fits drop bars, and only with the cables hidden under the tape

dodgy

Is it just my imagination or do the little touch screen finger sections let the cold in ......a lot.

Not when you're under the bar mitts, it's what I use under them, I get dexterity when needed and warmth when needed.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks @Tenacious Sloth and @dodgy

OK, I got a pair for Christmas. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBros...751560&hash=item3cfa3a6f9a:g:aMIAAOSwsBtZ5rjc Look ludicrous but work an an absolute treat. I usually have either over gloves or liner gloves (possibly both). Today was around 4 to 5 degrees. The hoods fit in seconds (once you look at the pics properly!)

I started off with one pair of gloves (medium weight, says 5degrees on them). This was too warm and I then managed fine with no gloves at all. A little clammy if anything but easy to get hands out to cool down). I was out for about 80 minutes.

Definitely going to be on for rides in cold weather. I would reckon these would be a fantastic buy for anyone doing winter commutes. Not tested in rain but will fend it off for a long while I suspect

NB only fits drop bars, and only with the cables hidden under the tape

These do look to be good just a shame they only work with hidden cables

mustang1

Guru
I roll with gore windstopper. So far, I haven't needed an glove liners. They are not warm and furry, but instead just keep you warm by keeping the wind off. Mmh now that I explain it, it does sound kinda obvious doesn't it. :smile:

Depending on your budget I recommend the Castelli diluvio gloves, just bought a pair from Evans cycles and they keep my hands nice and toasty, plus I find them quite comfortable on the handlebars compared to my old btwin ones where I feel vibration a bit more. At £35 they are a little pricey but you do get what you pay for.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm wearing these type of thermal builders gloves for rides at the moment. £4.50p from Screwfix. I got them earlier in the year, seem to work well in the cold.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/hyena-arctic-fully-coated-winter-gloves-black-large/3727p
View attachment 387783
I've been wearing the similar ones from Toolstation, mainly because Toolstation is on a cycleway and has a proper cycle park but there's only a sign to lock to at B&Q's Screwfix. Seem warm and grippy but of course they deaden touch a bit.

jay clock

Massive member
I've been wearing the similar ones from Toolstation, mainly because Toolstation is on a cycleway and has a proper cycle park but there's only a sign to lock to at B&Q's Screwfix. Seem warm and grippy but of course they deaden touch a bit.
Non breathable is not selling them to me...

Top Bottom