I think I may have killed a driver...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
So we've all got to ride around like silent, submissive voles?

Or do we enjoy the ride?

The OP's actions did not make anything happen.

So to enjoy a ride we have to wind someone up till they lose it?
and yes it seems what he did did make it happen.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
FFS you're not still going on about it Col??? Blimey.

col

Legendary Member
I've not said that we have to wind someone up until they lose it. That's not what happened.

And no, the OP most certainly did not make the response happen. We are all responsible for our actions. And reactions.

So you think the driver would have done that if he hadnt have wound him up?

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
FFS you're not still going on about it Col??? Blimey.

Fraid so,just answering and asking about questions.Just seems mr p doesnt see that winding someone up is your fault if you do it.

col

Legendary Member
Yes, but the cyclist didn't make the driver do anything. The driver chose to act in such a manner.

Come on mr p,Why do you think the driver reacted that way?

col

Legendary Member
You tell me. I wouldn't have. Would you? was it a proportionate response?

It seems to me you dont want to agree that when you wind someone up it can cause more problems,and it would be your fault.Because there are people out there that wont take being ridiculed or called names,and when the one nutter that you happen to pick on to play mind games with decides to stick your head up your own arse,you would still be shouting "but i didnt do anything",and im almost sure that it will happen one day,to one clever person who thinks they can do it and get away with it,and i would even bet it wouldnt get told on here in all its truth.xx(

col

Legendary Member
We're each responsible for our own actions. Regardless of provocation. Provocation does have an influence on how easy it is to control one's actions. But the fact remains.

The OP describes an incident which happens countless times daily between road users. The response was completely irrational. The driver has obvious temper issues. And these are not the fault of the cyclist. They were there before they met.

Yes it can be irrational,and even knowing that some still do it,like i said its a risky thing when you happen upon the local nutter,and just as a query,how do you think you would feel,if you caused a real heart attack in an innocent because of winding him up,and claiming it was his fault,he had a choice,he has temper issues he should have been able to control ect,?Great excuses for being clever and a wind up merchant.

I missed your answer to this.

I wouldnt react to this sort.They have the problem,when they feel the need to ,make thier feelings known,even to vehicles that havnt done anything to them.

col

Legendary Member
But like mikey said,are we really still going on about this,its obvious you think the wind up merchant who inflames a situation is innocent,so there is no point in me trying to convince you of that error.ill leave it there,and just ask you to look out for the results of that innocent action that might get someone seriously hurt one day.

jasper

More to the point...why was it dangerous for the car to RLJ/what did he do wrong? He (I presume) saw that the way was clear and made a judgement that it was more dangerous for him, in his opinion, to stop than to risk a RLJ. Well that's the excuse some cyclist use on this forum...

col

Legendary Member
jasper said:
More to the point...why was it dangerous for the car to RLJ/what did he do wrong? He (I presume) saw that the way was clear and made a judgement that it was more dangerous for him, in his opinion, to stop than to risk a RLJ. Well that's the excuse some cyclist use on this forum...

Good,point:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
See it for what it is col and stop being so dramatic.

A cyclist commented on some very poor driving. That's all. We're not talking about persistent goading, but one harmless gesture. Followed by more insulting behaviour following the lead of the driver.

I'm not going to be scared into timid, submissive cycling by your overreactive and dramatic nonsense suggesting that I am somehow responsible for someone else's choices following such an unprovocative, expected and daily enounter.

Or do I have to ask you how you're reacting to my posts, on the offchance that your blood pressure is about to explode your heart out of your chest? I hadn't better risk it, had I?

Sorry if you're already dead.

Clever word play,i hope he does the same to a van full of builders who do something he feels is wrong even if they are no where near him,but i doubt it very much,but non the less,you know what im talking about,just your not willing to see my point,and insist on the usual.Now your even sorry im dead,very well said:laugh:

snorri

Legendary Member
Regardless of what has gone before, I don't think we should condone the behaviour of a person in charge of a moving vehicle on public roads, be it 2 wheeled or 4 wheeled who takes his hands off the steering controls and claps whilst making eye contact with the driver of another moving vehicle.
These people should be in a circus.;)

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
snorri said:
Regardless of what has gone before, I don't think we should condone the behaviour of a person in charge of a moving vehicle on public roads, be it 2 wheeled or 4 wheeled who takes his hands off the steering controls and claps whilst making eye contact with the driver of another moving vehicle.
These people should be in a circus.:biggrin:
That's just made me laugh - thanks for that.

So now me doing no handed on a straight road now is dangerous.... I suppose I could have hit some mystery pedestrian who chose to run into the road, or I could have hit a pothole and fallen off thus endangering the traffic who would have had to take evasive action...oh, hang on though, they jumped the red light so in actual fact shouldn't have been there at all... ;)

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
How so?he admited the car didnt do anything to him?Until after he started that is.
The car jumped the red light - I applauded his excellent driving skills... anything after that was down to his abusive shouting and angry beeping and trying to intimidate me, I merely shook my head, laughed and shook my hand as though polishing a banana.

Edit - oh yes, and some comments about his lack of driving skill

Top Bottom