I think I may have killed a driver...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
:biggrin::biggrin: More comments about me being despicable for winding up the driver who did nothing ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The problem is that you are making the ridiculous suggestion that people aren't in control of their reactions, and can advocate all responsibility by blaming whoever they choose. That somehow I can force a driver to do something with the lightest of comments.
It may not be right, but over reaction on the road (especially by the drivers of motor vehicles) is pretty much the norm. (Witness people who get in each other's way walking down a street in opposite directions smiling embarrassedly as they try to pass first one way then the other, put the same two people in cars and it's gesticulation and swearing should one encroach on the other's space).

The only way I can think of to put it is that the threshold of provocation seems far lower out on the road, and the acceptance of such behaviour far higher than it is in other areas of our public lives. Which isn't to say that it isn't wrong still, but the de facto situation seems to me that;

a) It doesn't take much to set them off, even when they are in the wrong
;) If it goes pear shaped, you won't get much help from the authorities, or sympathy from folk at large.

col

Legendary Member
Nope. I can see your point. Never said otherwise. See post. 111

The problem is that you are making the ridiculous suggestion that people aren't in control of their reactions, and can advocate all responsibility by blaming whoever they choose. That somehow I can force a driver to do something with the lightest of comments.

If your brother told you to jump off a cliff, would you?

And it's not word play. That's just you being uncomfortable with me highlighting your position. Am I making you type your next response and telling you what to write, or are you choosing?

There are people that are not in control as much as most,You make light out of winding someone up,yet you know the effect it can have,and do it wanting the less in control to lose control ,because its your way of getting back at a bad driver or a simple mistake,and then you enjoy the result,the silly example of jumping of a cliff shows me you are scraping the barrel a bit to justify causing someone to lose thier temper is not your fault,when its exactly what you want.Again the rather pathetic example of am i choosing to write speaks oceans.Im not uncomfortable with any of this,as i dont try to upset people on purpose,i would say you are more uncomfortable,as you seem to be avoiding answering whether winding up is a stupid thing to do. Again your going down the route of assumption and trying to get a response,it seems thats the only way you can debate,do you have a temper issue?
If you dont want to admit that you or someone else have done this,thats ok,because using as you put it,an innocent way to get people to lose their tempers,and then claiming its not your fault is a true cowards way,and i wouldnt want to admit to that either,a real show of common sense?I think not,more a show of someone incapable of handling a situation sensibly,and being confrontational in your so called innocent way.And all these sort are doing is adding to the numbers of cyclist haters amongst the driving community,and making things worse for us all.
But hey you have a mind of your own and can choose what you do,so if you do this type of thing,but are unwilling to admit to it,then carry on,its your choice,but when you end up having a serious problem with someone you tried it on,just think back to my reasoning,there is no need for it,and youve brought it on yourself:smile:
Oh and im still alive by the way:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
The car jumped the red light - I applauded his excellent driving skills... anything after that was down to his abusive shouting and angry beeping and trying to intimidate me, I merely shook my head, laughed and shook my hand as though polishing a banana.

Edit - oh yes, and some comments about his lack of driving skill

Even though you probably know this, you intimidated him first and knew exactly what you were doing and the reaction it may cause,so i really am curious as to why?

col

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Sharkey - Col's not arrived for the day shift yet - I'll check in at lunch and see how many pages he's stretched it to....

Strange how after getting a bad reaction and having a laugh about it,no one admits to doing it and claims its the drivers fault who they intimidated in the first place.:thumbsup:
If only someone will admit to being the trouble maker that would end this thread for me:laugh:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You're going on worse than Cab does atm Col.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:

Now thats just below the belt:biggrin:
Why wont any of them admit to being trouble makers,because thats what it is when they do what they do?:thumbsup:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well I agree in general, although in this specific situation I don't think the OP's reaction was unreasonable.

The point more is that Col is going on like a burst backside, as well as talking utter bollocks on the amber gambler stuff. In that respect, he's just trying to wind up the OP, and is guilty of exactly what he's complaining about, except minus any justification.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Well I agree in general, although in this specific situation I don't think the OP's reaction was unreasonable.

The point more is that Col is going on like a burst backside, as well as talking utter bollocks on the amber gambler stuff. In that respect, he's just trying to wind up the OP, and is guilty of exactly what he's complaining about, except minus any justification.

A burst backside? thats a new one on me :thumbsup:
Ok im sorry,im wrong about the amber,now lets stop using it as a sideline to the real question,and if i got an honest answer i would be very happy,well id probably fall of my seat first(or my burst backside):biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:

That's pretty rich coming from you! If someone disagrees with you, you accuse them of trolling, if they reply to your posts you accuse them of being a stalker, if they continue to challenge your beliefs, you put them on ignore! What a piece of work....

Top Bottom