I think we're on the wrong forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@mustang1 every time motorists come on here wanting to put their opinions forward on how cyclists are the bane of their motoring life, we mostly accuse them of being trolls.
Don't do it! :stop:

Why waste your time reading crapp like that? More to the point, why take it seriously? ..

Because I cycle on the same roads these people drive on.

As an aside, if someone came on this forum and said drivers should "get cancer" or "be killed" then I imagine the post would be deleted and the poster banned. Neither happened on Pistonheads, so I think it's illuminating to see exactly what some drivers' attitudes are, it's unusual any are stupid enough to post stuff like that on the internet.

Brandane

Legendary Member

Because I cycle on the same roads these people drive on.

As an aside, if someone came on this forum and said drivers should "get cancer" or "be killed" then I imagine the post would be deleted and the poster banned. Neither happened on Pistonheads, so I think it's illuminating to see exactly what some drivers' attitudes are, it's unusual any are stupid enough to post stuff like that on the internet.
My guess is that the only thing those type of posters have driven has "Little Tikes" written along the side.
As for the Policing of pistonheads, that is why it attracts those types in the first place.

A friend sent me a link a couple of years ago (sorry, can't find site now) of a bunch of these car enthusiasts had organised an event of a few cars,which rapidly turned into a couple of hundred. The event? To give a terminally ill child the chance to see and sit in a few cars as he was a complete car nut. He was taken to it in a helicopter they organised. There are a lot of nobbers on there, but also some who aren't. As in real life really.
There is also one of the best threads ever on a forum (for the complete geek engineer anyway)

barachus

I have been on a bmw forum for years, also recently joined an Audi forum because I swapped cars
Contrary to the stereotype of both cars, I have never seen any anti cyclist threads in all my time on either

KneesUp

Guru
I have been on a bmw forum for years, also recently joined an Audi forum because I swapped cars
Contrary to the stereotype of both cars, I have never seen any anti cyclist threads in all my time on either
What about evidence of working indicators? :smile:

Dan B

Disengaged member
What about evidence of working indicators? :smile:
I nearly went into an Audi once when the driver turned right across my path into a side road. I was so surprised to see a working indicator I almost didn't register that I'd need to emergency stop

Top Bottom